Chapter 1

•Amy POV•

The sun felt too bright in my face. My head hurt, my legs hurt, my entire body felt like crap. I don't know what to do at school today. The mean people will still be there. They'll still grow rocks at me.

I sat up and put my lags over my bed. I sighed and looked at my hands that sat in my lap. "What am I going to do?"

"If I can't get over any of this how am I going to deal with the real world?" I thought and shook my head. My head started to hurt again. "Ow...that hurts..." I hissed and grabbed my head. "What happened yesterday? Why does my head hurt so much?" Amy thought to herself.

"Amy! Come on down for breakfast!" My mother yelled from downstairs. I sighed and stood up, only to feel something sharp jab into my foot. It felt like a Lego! Probably from my idiot little brother, Silver.

I growled and looked down to see the chest that usually sat on my shelf. "What? How'd you get there?" I asked it as if it could respond. Then my eyes widened and I remembered.

I had came home from another terrible school day and heard thumping in my room. I thought it was Silver horsing around, but it wasn't him. He was watching some kiddy TV show in our living room. I went into my room and then the chest just fell on my head! It hurt like a brick!

I had forgotten about the chest entirely and I don't know how to explain it, but I felt like opening it. So, that's what I did. I opened it and then...that's it. I can't remember anything else.

"Amy! Get down here before you're late!" My mother snapped this time. I could hear my brother laugh because I had gotten in trouble. "Coming! Chaos, can't cut me any slack..." I groaned.

As I left my room I grew instantly warmer. I looked back at my room in confusion. It hadn't been that cold had it? I shook my head; I didn't have the the time to wonder about the temperature.

I ran down the stairs and to the kitchen. My little brother, who's eight if you're wondering, sat at the table eating cereal. I smirked and walked behind him. "You know cereal's made out of pencil shavings, right?" I whispered. He gasped and looked at his cereal in horror.

"Gotta go, mom, love you." I said and grabbed my lunch and ran out the door. I purposely forgot my breakfast.

***
At the bus stop I passed time by being on my phone. Being the nerd and loser that I am, definitely not texting a 'friend'. Then, out of the corner of my eye I saw a blue hedgehog standing beside me. He looked nervous and worried. I shrugged it off and focused on my phone.

The bus pulled up and I hopped on, hoping no one would trip me. I sat in my seat and stared at my phones screen. Again, that blue hedgehog stood next to me. He didn't even sit down. I suppose he was waiting for an invitation. No one else was even giving notice of his presence! I sighed, extremely annoyed. Why did I get the new kid?

"Hey, you can sit here." I whispered and looked out the window. The hedgehogs face lite up and he sat next to me. Without another word I put on my headphones and stared out the window. He kept looking at me and opening his mouth. It was as if he were trying to speak, but nothing could come out. "Great! I get the new kid, and he's a mute!" I thought angrily. How did I deserve this?

***
During school it seemed less people made fun of me today. I guess it's because the blue mute was following me. They probably figured the real bully would get me, you know, Sally. Her crew has always hated me. They make fun of me everyday. Her crew isn't that big, but they're mean. It's Bunnie, Nicole, and Rouge. Their boyfriends are jerks too.

It's weird how none of the teachers gave notice to the blue hedgehog. He kept following me to each class. He sat next to me, and even if someone was sitting there they'd just get up and move. I figured this was a prank. Even the teachers were in on it. If I didn't pay attention to him then it'd ruin the prank.