Blow off the Steam

Start from the beginning

'You know what Akash...Even now I can back off from accompanying you...' Sandhya said by looking at him that made him to turn swiftly from his laptop. He gave a sharp look to her.

'You said you want me to pretend as your wife...So is it not really matter for me to know about your family atleast as a fake wife?..' She stressed each and every word slowly and clearly. Akash looked at her with wide eyes. Sandhya just gave a casual look.

'But why the hell you bother about my family?' Akash gritted his teeth.

'To perform better in front of them..' Sandhya gave a sharp answer.

'Choice is yours Akash...Ippakooda naan nenacha (even if I think now) I can back off...Only if you cooperate with me, I can cooperate with your family..' Sandhya gave a stern yet smirking look to him. Akash looked with a sigh.

There was a peak silence that occupied in both of them. Sandhya was looking on the passing clouds in which the flight is crossing through. She too is like a cloud who is forced to cross Akash's family for the next one month.

'En familyla en amma, appa, ennoda twin sister Meera, Aparm avanga husband Harish and their little kid Spoorthi. Aparam enakku rendu thangachi Preethi & Kavya. Preethi married to my cousin Pradeep. athu illama...enga rendu athai family and en cousinsnu ellarum onna joint familyah thaan irukaanga...'
(My family includes my mom, dad, my twin sister Meera, and her husband and their little kid Spoorthi. My younger sisters Preethi and Kaavya. Preethi is married to my cousin Pradeep. Apart from them my two paternal aunt and her family. All of them living there as a joint family.) Akash said with a much silent tone.

'Ellarum irukaanganna?(all are living there in the sense?)...are you not with them?' Sandhya asked him. Akash nodded as no to her. She looked puzzled.

'Naan oru 7 years munnadi chennaiku vanthu i started a business against my father's wish. Athukaparam...naan anga romba pogala. Just edhavathu occasion and weddingku mattum poven..nothing much..'
(I moved to Chennai 7 years ago to start my own business against my father's wish. After that I didn't go there much.. I just show up there in case of any occasion...) Akash said getting back his gaze to the Laptop.

Sandhya could understand there is still much more to know about him. But at present she didn't want to pressurise with a lot of questions that might end up in the arguments for sure. The rest of the flight travel was silent and they had their breakfast that was served to them. after a 2 hours of travel. They landed in Madurai.

All of a sudden Sandhya felt tensed. At that time, she felt she had made a haste decision of agreeing to his plea. She didn't know how to face them and what to answer them on the first meeting in a different emotional atmosphere. They were welcomed by the driver of their house who came to receive them. He greeted both of them. He got their luggage and loaded it in the trunk.

'Ayya...Amma ungala hospitalku kootitu vara sonnanga...'
(Sir...Madam asked me to bring you both to hospital...) the driver said to him. Akash nodded at him and they both got into the car.

They drove towards the hospital. The car passed through the busiest part of the city. The entire city was hustling and bustling with their usual chores. Sandhya looked outside with a different feel as she did not been outside chennai and this is an first ever experience for her where she saw the other city in her life.

When her parents were alive, they used to take her to beach, temples and once in her life. She always felt being at home with her parents found the best happiness in her childhood days. The house was so close to her heart, where she played and her mother and father had planted lots of flowering plants and in the backyard, they planted veggies which was a nostalgic hobbies for her during that time. Then the situation changed and they were forced to come out of the house.

The car halted in front of huge hospital jerking her thoughts. Akash & Sandhya got down.

'Sandhya...Don't get tensed...just be casual. They will never judge you...All they need is they want to meet you...' Akash said and walked past Sandhya with a tense state which Sandhya could understand.

Akash reached the ward just that doctor came out after checking his dad.'Hello doctor...how is my dad now?..Is there any improvement? if you need to change any medicines, please do it..' Akash piled him with questions out of nervousness.

'Akash first you relax...your dad is doing bit better compared to yesterday. I checked his vitals and his health is reacting in a positive note. But we need to wait for another 10 hours to know if he is out of danger. Naama two days check pannitu (let's check for two days) then we will decide whether to undergo an operation or to continue with medicines for timebeing..' Doctor said with a smile that made akash to sigh in relief. He thanked the doctor and left inside the ward along with Sandhya.

'Akash..vaa pa..(come son..)' His mother Narmadha came to him. He looked at her and immediately his father who was sleeping with all the tubes connected to his body.

'Appa is getting better Akash. He was so happy when I said you are on the way to here..' Narmadha said. Narmadha immediately shifted her gaze to a petite figure who was standing behind Akash.

'Sandhya?' Narmadha smiled at her. Sandhya moved forward towards her and smiled hesitantly at her.

'Sandhya...ithu en amma... (This is my mom) and amma...this is Sandhya' Akash introduced to each other.

'En marumagala en kannula kaata unakku ivlo varusham aachu illa? apdi ennada kovam unakku?'
(You took these many years to show my daughter in law to me is it? why are you so angry till today?) Narmadha's eyes brimmed in tears looking at her. Narmadha caressed her hairline and kissed her forehead.

'Nee romba azhaga irukae ma...'
(You look beautiful dear...)
Narmadha complimented her for which she didn't know how to react she smiled in hesitation.

'I am happy you finally made up your mind to bring her here...' a sudden hard voice made all of them jerk for a second.

Please vote and comment your opinions.

SJMinnal❄️❄️❄️