Chapter 50: The Five Champions

As the weeks went by, it was now October. On Saturday shortly before the evening, it was a rain storm outside, so the students who had been outside were running for cover back inside the Castle. Many students had been gathered in the Great Hall, with over 17 year-old students writing their names in parchments and putting them in the Goblet of Fire, which had been placed in the center of the hall and was surrounded by a thin line of circle. As some students put their names in, many younger students applauded them for it.

Harry and Ron were sitting on a large chair by the fireplace while Joni and Hermione were on the opposite side of the Hall from them, sitting down and reading books.

"Come on, Cedric, Put it in!" One Hufflepuff boy urged as he and another boy dragged Cedric Diggory towards the goblet.

Cedric looked at his friends playfully as he was pushed at the edge of the thin line, but he still walked past it and put his name in.

 The students applauded him as well, including the quartet and Caitlin, who was with her fellow Hufflepuff students.

"Eternal glory. Be brilliant, wouldn't it?" Ron said as he and Harry started to walk around while looking at the Goblet. "Three years from now, when we're old enough to be chosen."

"Yeah, rather you than me." Harry joked.

"I hope Cedric is chosen." Joni said to Hermione as he looked from his book. "I think he'd definitely be up to being a champion for Hogwarts."

"Me too." Hermione said. "Though i do think the whole tournament is incredibly dangerous."

"Yes!" Fred and George suddenly shouted as they ran in the Hall.

Everyone turned their attention to the twins, who both held vials up in their hands and had excited looks on their faces. Almost everyone started to applaud them.

"Thank you. Thank you." George said as he and Fred walked past some of the students and high-fived them.

"Well, lads, we've done it." Fred said and showed the vile to everyone.

"Cooked it up just this morning."

Joni and Hermione, who were looking behind them at the twins, looked at each other and smirked.

"It's not going to work." They called out together.

Everyone looked at the two confused when they said this, though Fred and George had challenging looks on their faces, and were now crouched next to them.

"Oh, yeah?" Fred asked.

"And why is that, Potter, Granger?" George asked.

"You see this?" Joni said as he pointed at the thin line. "This is an Age Line. Dumbledore drew it himself."

"So?" Fred asked.

Hermione scoffed and closed her book. "So..." She said. "... a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by a dodge as pathetically dimwitted as an Aging Potion."