Chapter 27: The Heir of Slytherin

The twins walked through the small tunnel before coming to a ladder and then coming down through it. When they finally were down, they saw they were in a huge hall with giant snake heads around them, and at the end of the hall there was a statue of a bearded man. They were now in the Chamber of Secrets.

"Snakes, creepy cave..." Joni muttered. "Yes, fits Slytherins perfectly."

The boys kept walking when at the end they noticed a body of a girl near water laying on the floor, and knew right away who it was.

"Ginny." Harry said and started to run.

"Harry!" Joni shouted and ran after his brother.

The two then got next to Ginny and knelt down, and Joni put his wand on the floor.

"Ginny!" Harry tried to call. "Ginny, please don't be dead. Wake up, wake up."

"What do we do, what do we do?" Joni said, trying to come up with something.

"Please wake up." Harry said last time.

"She won't wake."

The boys turned to their left and saw Tom Riddle standing on an entrance to a tunnel, who then started to aproach the boys.

"Tom. Tom Riddle. How are you here?" Joni asked.

"What do you mean, she won't wake up?" Harry then asked. "She's not...?"

"She's still alive, but only just." Riddle said.

"Are you a ghost?" Joni asked.

"A memory, preserved in a for diary 50 years."

Harry then placed his fingers against Ginny's wrist, and found she was cold. "She's cold as ice." He said. "Ginny, please don't be dead. Wake up."

Riddle, meanwhile, reached for the floor and took Joni's wand.

"You've got to help us, Tom. There's a basilisk." Joni and turned to Riddle, and saw his wand in his hands.

"It won't come until it's called." Riddle said.

"Harry." Joni said and Harry saw the same thing his brother did, and two stood up. "Give me my wand, Tom."

"You won't be needing it. Neither would your brother."

"What does that mean?" Harry asked. "Listen, we've got to go. We've got to save her."

"I'm afraid i can't do that, Harry. You see, as poor Ginny grows weaker, i grow stronger." The brothers gave a confused looks to each other. "Yes, boys, it was Ginny Weasley who opened the Chamber of Secrets."

"No." Harry tried to argue. "She couldn't. She wouldn't."

"There's no way she's the Heir of Slytherin." Joni said.

"You're right, Joni. She's not. But it was Ginny who set the basilisk on the Mudbloods and Filch's cat, Ginny wrote the threatening messages on the walls."