➤ 005

[in a good way: faye webster]
0:30 ────── 3:13
"you make we wanna cry... in a good way."
   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹  

Y/n and Alastor walked out of the Radio Demon's room. Alastor hummed a tune, Y/n didn't recognize it. The halls echoed that unfamiliar song, for some it might have been unsettling, but for the guard, it seemed lovely.

"Y/n! Alastor!" The princess' voice called, "Just in time! Come, sit!"

Y/n sat down next to Charlie, Alastor following soon after. Angel and Pentious stood in the front, reading off a sort of script. Y/n watched, unamused.

Hearing their phone buzz, they picked it up. Lucifer had texted. They debated waiting to open it until they were alone, but decided there was no harm.

┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✧

Master
Y/n? What are you doing right now?

You
Two of the residents are performing a play her highness has created, master.

Master
Oh, that's nice! I'm glad you're having fun, Y/n
You're following all my rules, right?

You
Of course master, I haven't shown my wings once, and I've been texting you, have I not?

Master
What about the last one? You aren't getting close to anyone right?
(deleted message)

You
Master... I can assure you need not go to such lengths.

Master
...
Okay, Y/n.

┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✧

Y/n set down their phone, furrowing their brows. They were following their masters orders, right? They had to be. They hadn't gotten close to anyone.

Yet.

Not yet. They glanced to Alastor who was- freakishly- staring straight at them. Y/n held in a flinch, going back to mindlessly watching the play.

Alastor was strange, unreadable. His smile never seemed quite right, hiding something behind it. Y/n was not close to Alastor. Y/n did not know Alastor, but had wanted to, hadn't they?

But, a voice of (what Y/n assumed was) reason echoed through their mind, Y/n had been loyal to their master for millennia, stopping right then would be absurd.

Y/n frowned. They didn't look back to Alastor. They stared at the performance being done.

"Now, if you'll excuse me," Pentious said, "I'm off to not have sexual intercourse before marriage!" The servant stated it proudly, getting into his role.

Charlie stood up, clapping, "Wow, Sir Pentious!" She beamed, "That was amazing! I'm sure you'll be redeemed in no time, maybe even before the extermination!"

The extermination...

Y/n's eyes drifted to the spider demon. His fists were clenched, eyes on the verge of watering, "I'm... gonna go to bed..." He said.