eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN!

ALEJANDRA WAS NERVOUS, and she was rarely nervous

ALEJANDRA WAS NERVOUS, and she was rarely nervous. She acted confident, which helped her confidence, but she was actually nervous.

She stood in front of the mirror trying to figure out why she didn't like the way she looked. She moved her hair off her shoulders, then moved it back over her shoulders. She grabbed her hair and pulled it up into a makeshift ponytail before dropping her hair down her back.

"What are you doing?" Alonso, Alejandra's older brother, asked leaning against the doorframe of her bedroom. "Looks like you're thinking of shaving your hair off."

"Ha ha," Alejandra kept staring in the mirror, played with her hair. "I have a date tonight, and I really want it to go well, and my hair is literally my biggest problem right now."

"It's not with Diego, I presume," Alonso commented. "You never cared about anything whenever you had dates with him. Who's the new boy?"

"No one you need to know," Alejandra responded. "He's just someone I met and I like. Shit, it's almost six," she looked at the clock. 5:55 pm.

"Looks like I'll be meeting him very soon— ah, there he is." Alonso smiled as the doorbell rang throughout the house.

"Don't embarrass me!" Alejandra called out as she rushed to grab shoes for her outfit. She dug through her closet finding black heels. "Don't worry about anything. He likes you, why else would he ask you on a date?" She told herself as she struggled with the strap of the heels.

With one last look in the mirror, Alejandra rushed down the stairs, counting all twenty three stairs trying to ease her nerves. She saw Federico— he was wearing grey pants, with a black t-shirt and a leather jacket. He looked good.

When Federico saw Alejandra it was like his world stopped. She was wearing a black spaghetti strapped dress with small red flowers on the pattern. She looked perfect.

"What are your intentions with my little sister," Alonso asked Federico.

Alejandra interrupted. "Don't answer that. He doesn't even care," she glanced at her brother. "You're early."

"A bit way too early, I was outside for ten minutes before I knocked," Federico admitted. "I didn't want to be late. Are you ready?"

"Yeah," Alejandra answered. "I'll see you later, Lonnie."

"Don't have too much fun, Aleja," Alonso said. "Too young to be an uncle!" Alejandra's face turned red, and she hoped Federico didn't hear what her brother said.

 "Too young to be an uncle!" Alejandra's face turned red, and she hoped Federico didn't hear what her brother said