one

CHAPTER ONE!

SHOW DAYS WERE full of adrenaline and good nerves

SHOW DAYS WERE full of adrenaline and good nerves. Alejandra loved being on stage. She had been working hard on a solo song that Pablo had finally agreed to let her perform. It took almost two weeks to show him the song, and she begged for it to be a solo piece. She didn't want anybody to sing her song but her.

"Fran, can you help me with my hair please?" Alejandra asked when she saw the Italian in the reflection of the mirror. "I'm trying to pin it, but it's not working for me. I'm about to grab scissors."

"Do not even think about cutting your hair, Ale," Francesca said, rushing to help the girl. "It helps if you say kind words to your hair while you do it. I swear everything goes worse when you expect the worse, so think of good thoughts— and, there." Francesca sprayed hairspray on the piece of hair that was sticking out. It was now flat against her head.

"Thanks, Fran. You're the best," Alejandra smiled, standing up.

"I know," Francesca responded. "How are you feeling for your first solo?"

"I'm excited. I can't believe it's actually happening, and even though I won't be on stage by myself, the boys won't steal too much of the spotlight." The boys were playing the instruments for most of the show— if they weren't performing as their boyband. "I thought I would be nervous, but maybe the nerves haven't come yet. Oh my god, the nerves are going to be there when I get on stage then I'll be frozen on stage then Ludmila will probably take my place. I cannot let Ludmila take my place and sing my song!"

"Cálmate. Respira," Francesca told Alejandra, who listened and took a deep breath. "Diego will be on stage with you, just focus on him and he'll be your anchor for the song. You'll do great, and you are next, so don't even think of the nerves."

"Ale, you need to be on the stage in sixty seconds," Angie, the singing teacher, announced. Alejandra nodded and rushed out of the dressing room. Violetta, Camila, and Naty were on their way to the dressing room and they all wished Alejandra good luck.

The stage was lit, and the boys were standing off the side of the stage waiting for Alejandra.

"You ready, mi amor?" Diego asked, grabbing Alejandra's hand. "You were meant for the stage, and you're going to shine the brightest today."

"I would kiss you, but I'm too nervous I might throw up," Alejandra admitted. "I should probably try and throw up before—" Pablo handed Alejandra a microphone and motioned for her and the boys to step onto the stage. "Oh great, I get to do it with an audience."

Sleeping after a show day was something that never happened

Sleeping after a show day was something that never happened. Yes, Alejandra was tired, but she had killed her performance. And her adrenaline was through the roof.

"Today was a perfect day," Alejandra stated. She and Diego were in the park, the sun was setting and her head was on his lap. Their friends were scattered around the park, letting the couple have a private moment. "I'm still shocked that I got to sing my song today. I worked really hard on it."

"I'm proud of you, Ale," Diego said. He leaned back on his hands, glancing around the park.

"You did great today, too, Diego," she added. "You always do great on show days." After a few moments, she sat up to face him. "Diego, I love you."

"I love you, too, Ale," Diego responded.

"No, Diego. I think I'm in love with you," Alejandra admitted. "I mean, I am in love with—"

"Wait, Alejandra. We're not that kind of couple, we say I love you, but we don't really mean it," Diego stated.

And with that Alejandra's heart had dropped to her stomach. It felt heavy and she felt as if she couldn't breathe. She had fallen in love with a boy who wasn't falling in love with her.

and that's how diego broke alejandra's heart

ya'll, there might be smut in this book, hence the mature on the book. i haven't decided past the first smut scene... we'll see.

I'll try and update on Sundays!!

I also unpublished to publish it again.