nine*

CHAPTER NINE!

"WHAT ARE YOU doing here, Diego?" Alejandra asked Diego when she walked into her bedroom

"WHAT ARE YOU doing here, Diego?" Alejandra asked Diego when she walked into her bedroom. "Does my brother know you're here?"

"He does," Diego said. "And I wanted to apologize for what I said earlier, about you sleeping with Federico for the duet."

"Oh. Is that it?" Alejandra questioned. She stepped to the other side of the room, and dropped her bag in the empty chair. "You know for being someone's ex, you really like to stay close to them."

"You're the one who broke up with me," Diego stated. "I didn't want to break up."

"Yeah, right," Alejandra scoffed, she was digging in her dresser to occupy herself. "You told me that you love me, but not in that way. We say I love you, but we don't mean it. That's what you said to me." She didn't turn around, she avoided looking towards him.

"I do love you, Ale. I was scared when you said that, I'm an idiot because I had the girl of my dreams saying she was in love with me, and I pushed her away," Diego sighed. "I do love you, Alejandra. And I'm sorry I'm admitting it now and not when you told me. I am in love with you."

Alejandra stopped and turned around to face Diego. She studied his face and then she looked away. "Well, it's too late, because you already broke my heart and I cannot let you have a second chance because I— because— you can't do this to me. You can't just show up and say this after I— after I moved on."

"You didn't move on," Diego stated. "He's only a distraction from us." Diego stepped closer, and he stood with his chest behind her back. "You know we're good together, Ale."

"We were good together, past tense, Diego," Alejandra said, in a shaky voice. She couldn't focus with Diego standing so close to her. "We won't be good together again."

"Why won't you give us a second chance?" Diego questioned. Alejandra sighed, before turning back around to face Diego. He was a lot closer than she thought. "You've always been so beautiful, Ale," Diego whispered, his hand lifted and pushed her hair out of her face. "But you know that. You know how beautiful you are," Diego commented. "So fucking beautiful."

His lips hovered over hers, and their breath mixed. One tiny move and their lips would connect. When Alejandra moved closer, Diego moved back. Shit. Diego noticed, and quickly captured her lips with his.