Chapter 4: The Spring Break Begins

The first phone conversation with Aislynn is after dinner time in the evening time. Alana placed the cooked lemon chicken pasta in the refrigerator, and Leilani cleaned the dishes. George is eating his dog food in a bowl, getting some nourishment.

Daniel is writing in his journal again:

The school day was so great today, I just discovered someone new to me at the library. I saw a beautiful girl named Aislynn, my friends told me to go talk to her. She's such a nice, pretty girl, even though she's absolutely like a celestial spiritual being... She looks gorgeous wearing whimsigothic clothes in a spiritual, bohemian type. I think she's the same age as me. After spring break, I might as well ask her to the prom.

Last time, I went to the prom when I was a junior, but didn't have a girl with me before. Some girls stayed friends with me, but I think AIslynn is not one of them. I think she's kinda into me. And after school, on my way home, I saw the same killer that everyone was talking about and the killer was looking at me riding home. I looked back at the killer, but he vanished quickly. It was weird, I told my sister about it and she knew about the killer, too.

She said that the others talked about it in the flower shop she's working at. It's so strange that the killer just stood there to watch me riding home, am I being stalked or something? I don't know what will happen next after he sees me, but I gotta take my mind off it before I go crazy-panicking. If I see the White Masquerade Mask Killer again, I'm running for my life, fearing for my safety, and even letting my family know if I was in danger. Also, I found a lost dog on the porch of my beach home. I took the dog George inside the home, giving him some water before my mom got home after my sister and my brother got back. I'm wondering if my mother would keep the dog to take care of it or whether to find the owner who lost George the dog. I wish my mom would let George be in the family. Tomorrow is gonna be the start of the spring break.

Daniel finished writing his journal again this evening. Daniel's cell phone rings, he looks at his cellphone, and it is a random call. He answered the call.

"Hello?" said Daniel, on his cellphone.

"Hey, Daniel, is that you?" asked Ashten, revealing to be calling him.

"Dad? How did you call my phone number?" said Daniel.

"Listen, I know I mess things up and want to make things right with your mother. Can you tell her I'm sorry? The new girlfriend of mine cheated on me and gave birth to another man's baby, the baby was half-white." said Ashten, on the phone.

"Well, Dad, I guess karma got to you already. Has it?" said Daniel.

"Danny, please," said Ashten.

"Dad, you put me and my family in danger when I was little. You cheated on my mother and I don't want anything to do with you right now. And my mother's already dating someone. Please don't call my number again," said Daniel.

"Danny..." said Ashten.

Daniel hangs up and ends the call. Daniel goes to talk to his mother about Ashten calling him on the phone to let her know. "Hey, Danny, is something wrong?" said Alana. "Dad called on my cellphone," said Daniel. "What?" said Alana. "He called me when he got his new number and now he wants you back," said Daniel. "Let me see your cellphone, I need to talk to him in some sense," said Alana. Daniel nodded as he gave his cell phone to his mother Alana.

Alana calls the recent phone number from Ashten. Ashten answers back.

"Alana?" said Ashten, on the phone.

"Ashten, how did you get my son's number?" said Alana, on Daniel's cellphone.

"I just want you back, I know I messed things up and cheated on you. I want you to know that I got what I deserved, that my new woman gave birth to another man's baby. Not the gangster's girlfriend, just another different woman. Please, can you take me back? I made a mistake," said Ashten, on the phone.

"Ashten, I'm already dating another guy. I forgive you, but I'm with someone else who loves me and the kids. He never cheated on me and always was kind and handsome. I wish you the best of luck, Ash." said Alana, on her son's phone.

"Alana, wait," said Ashten, on the phone.

Alana hangs up the phone, ending the call. "I don't know what to do with Dad," said Daniel. "It's OK, baby. I know it's hard," said Alana, comforting Daniel with a hug. "I have to say I do forgive him, but I wished him the best of luck," said Alana. Daniel nodded as he understood his mother's words.

The Next Day... It is an early dismissal day, due to the start of spring break. The students are on their break from school work, due to spring break week coming.

Daniel writes in one of his notebooks to write a story about his life and about what he saw yesterday. "Hey, Danny, what are you doing?" said Cory. "I'm just writing a story in my notebook," said Daniel. "Are you writing a book?" asked Cory. "Yeah, I've been thinking about it since day one," said Daniel. "Dude, I'm gonna read your book someday," said Cory. "For real, man?" said Daniel. "Heck yeah!" said Cory, excited.

Daniel sees Aislynn walking into the hallway, she waves at him as she smiles at him, and he waves back as he grins. "I see you waving at her, have you called her yet?" said Cory. "Yeah, I did. She answered and we had a good conversation and even talked about the mystery going on," said Daniel.