{Ch.20}

━━━━━━━ ☆☆ ━ OPHELIA had accidentally found that she was a huge fan of 'ignore it till it goes away.'

Which was the current approach she was using for apologizing to Alaric.

"I mean honestly. It's not that big a deal, all you did was throw him across the room....okay now I'm hearing it," Caroline said, mumbling the last bit as she looked down to the floor for a moment.

Elena smacked Caroline's arm.
"Anyway! We just stopped by cause we heard about Damon's new OVERPROTECTIVE PARENTING RULES!" Elena informs them while shouting the last bit to ensure that Damon overheard them.

"You do know nearly everyone in this house had enhanced hearing. You don't have to shout?" Bonnie asked Elena with crossed arms.

"You do know, I don't care?" Elena retorts shortly with a roll of her eyes and a smug grin.

While stepping towards Ophelia to give her a short embrace and the new batch of cookies Jenna had made her.

"What flavor?" Ophelia asked apprehensively.

"Chocolate chip," Elena reassured the girl. Remembering how Ophelia had nearly cried over the awful taste of raisin oatmeal cookies that Jenna had made.

"Yay!" She exclaimed while grabbing a few cookies.

Suddenly Damon sped in the room and snatched the cookies from his daughters grasp.

"Wait! We gotta make sure they're not poisoned," Damon says and Ophelia looks at him like he'd grown seven heads.

While his head hadn't multiplied or grown in size. He had grown his ego about seven sizes though after learning about how Ophelia had defended him.

"You can't be serious," Ophelia gritted out. Nothing and I mean nothing. Would stand between her and Jenna's holy cookies.

"Dead Serious," He retorts while speeding away with the cookies in hand.

"Okay then..." Bonnie murmurs awkwardly.

"Maybe we could just murder him? Or snap his neck for a little while? No offense Ophelia," Elena grunted out.

"There's a thought," Bonnie added.

"Hmm, I'll help," Caroline hummed out while taking a sip of her blood bag.

"None taken. No one stands between me and Jenna's cookies," Ophelia begrudgingly tells them.

"I can snap his neck with a spell," Bonnie suggests with a small shrug.

"DONT YOU DARE!" Damon shouts from somewhere else in the Salvatore home.

"So where's your girlfriend?" Caroline asked Ophelia with a hint of jealousy in her voice.

"She's out mending bridges with Elijah," Ophelia said with a small shrug.

"What does that even entail?" Bonnie asked curiously and Ophelia shrugged unknowingly.

"Something boring probably," Ophelia shrugged once more. Happy to not be included in any boring conversations.

"You know... I wonder how rich the Salvatore's are after being vampires. You know with collective interest and things like that," Caroline rants loudly. While scribbling a few words onto a piece of paper.

'Snap the bitches Neck & let's go shopping w/ the Salvatore fortune -XOXO Caroline'

Elena was quick to stiff her giggles at Caroline's little note while Bonnie nodded.

Closing her eyes and focusing on where Damon was in the house by fallowing that feeling.

Snapping her eyes open at the same time as Damon's neck snapped to the side in a clearly unnatural way.