He waved his hand, a computer taking the space in his arms. There, on the screen, was a little file titled 'evidence.' He clicked it, grinning. Lilith blinked, then grinned, feathers fluffing up. Hunter noticed her change, looking to his folder. "Transfer failed."

Hunter gasped, squating down and setting his computer on his thighs. "What?? But it-- Dangit!"

He checked recently deleted and spotted the files. "Aha!" He clicked it, but as he did, the files had already been in the bin too long.

And disappeared.

Hunter gazed at the screen, ears slowly pinning back. "Oh..My gosh.."

Luz sniffed Lilith out, circling her and finding nothing else. "Well, we're off. My niece has better things to do." Lilith huffed. "Come on Steve, join us for lunch won't you?"

"Oh it'll be my pleasure!"

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Hunter glared, Luz setting a plate down in front of him, "Did you want rice too?"

"I hate you."

"Wonderful to know." Luz pointed to Camilla. "Did you want rice?"

He kept his gaze on Luz, the pup rolling her eyes and circling the table, Camilla serving Hunter some rice. He snorted, turning his head away, "I did not come for your trash-"

King looked up at him, "Hey."

Hunter blinked, "What."

"That's rude." King uttered. "You can't be rude here. Especially at the dinner table."

Hunter growled, "What do you know? You're just their pet."

The house fell silent, heads slowly turning to Hunter. King's gaze hardened, "What do you gain from being rude to us? To me?"

"How you react gives me an understanding on you." Hunter spoke. "You're ready to cry and your tucked tail is a sure sign of you being afraid. What I gain, is a surefire way to get your weakness. And you can't do much, can you? Two feet tall, barely thirty pounds.."

King lowered his head, a soft huff escaping him, hiding his sob. "I'm not scared of you..I'm just scared of what you're saying to me.." King said softly.

Hunter scoffed, "Trust me, being scared of me is the harder one." He grabbed his spoon, mixing around his rice. "Know what you should really be scared of?"

King glanced his way, "What...?"

Edalyn stood, feathers ruffling, "You best start eating boys. Cause I ain't in the mood to play right now.."

Hunter scoffed, lowering his head and beginning to eat. Luz went around the table, gently picking up King and taking him upstairs, Camilla going around with tortillas. Steve happily ate, thanking Camilla for every refill, helping, and even when she wiped his cheek from the enchilada sauce.

Luz came back down with King minutes before lunch was over, making him a fresh batch of enchiladas while Camilla re-heated the rice. King ate quietly, and Hunter was kept an eye on til everyone was done with lunch. "The food was not horrible." Hunter stood. "Good day, Clawthornes, Nocedas." He nodded to Steve. "Tholomule."

Steve waved him off, shoving the fruits in his mouth. Silently, Hunter left, and King rose his hands. "Hug please.."

Amity was nearest him, and leaned down, picking King up. "You will be alright, Little King.." She purred, rubbing his back. "He's just mean, he doesn't hate you.."

King sniffled, burrowing his snout in the crook of her neck. "He so rude..! Hunter so mean--"

"Don't let him get to you," Amity knocked her head against his lightly. "I promise you it's not worth it."

King wailed, tail curling at the tip before tucking in between himself and Amity. Suddenly, the door burst open, Hooty squawking and jerking awake. "WHO GOES THERE!" He extended, wrapping around the intruder.

"Oh you silly tube-! It's me!"

"Ma?-" Edalyn stood, stumbling to the door. "Ma what are you--"

Slipping free of Hooty, Gwendolyn staggered to the kitchen, gently taking King from Amity. "Oh my poor Grandson! Now now Darling, your grandma is here to make you giggle and smile before dinner, you have nothing to worry about."

King sniffled, Gwendolyn's feathers wiping his tears, "Y..You will..?"

"Yes, now if you and your mom allow me to, I'll take you out for some one on one."

He wiped his snot, "Just me and you..?"

"That's right Chicklet."

King looked to Camilla, Eda's mouth agape. Why had he not looked to her?! She was his first mom-- "Eda..?"

Oh. Oh yeah, she was standing next to Camilla. "If you want to, I don't mind." Eda scratched her cheek.

King let out a soft whimper, nodding slowly, "Okay.."

Gwendolyn rubbed his back, turning, "I heard you really like cooking, and there's this little taste testing party with a prize! Does that sound like something you would want to check out?"

"Yeah..!"

She walked to the door, waving at everyone before stepping out. She spread her wings, Hooty cooing at the mere size of them, Gwendolyn taking off. Luz clapped, taking in a sharp breath, "Chores, everyone! Final week before we move back in for a few months!" Luz exclaimed. "Amity, you basically live here now, so you can do chores."

"Dangit-"

"Vee, you're on kitchen duty."

"What-? But I--"

"Eda, laundry."

"Again?-"

"Mama, clothing."

"Easy."

"Lilith-" Luz hummed. "Can you clean the bathrooms?"

"Uhm-! Sure!" She stood. "I can do that-"

"And Steve?" Steve leaned forward, smiling.

"Go home." Luz turned. "Alright, everyone get started! I'll be mopping and vacuuming--"

"Wha- No Steve??"

Luz waved him off, "You have chores at home and a brother to care for." Luz glanced back. "Why are you all still here? Go!"

Panicked, everyone rushed to get their stuff to begin cleaning, Steve grumbling and getting a few fruits to go before stomping to the door. "I'll see you all for breakfast, another time!" He huffed.

Hooty chirped a farewell, closing after him. Amity stumbled by Luz, lightly clearing her throat, "Did you want me to--"

"Yes, so then I can vacuum right now and mop when you're done." Luz said.

"I'll mop too, so you can make dinner when you're done vacuuming."

Luz nuzzled her cheek, sighing, "You don't have to, but I'd really appreciate it."

"Exactly why I'll do it. Can you just fill a bucket? I have to find the broom first."

"Of course Mi Amor." Luz licked her cheek. "Let me get that started."

                 To be continued.