[42]

Friday.

Alador got Luz an interview, Eda flew Luz there, and waited outside as the interview happened. "We've got three." The Buffin uttered.

It was a bear mixed with a puffin of sorts, fur waterproof, wings large and paws almost as big as Luz's head. There were three animals. A dog, a roc, and an enfield.

The buffin snorted, "Bird, herd me some fish."

The roc spread its wings, flapping them and flying up. They dove into the water, the buffin looking at a stopwatch. The roc surfaced for a second to breathe, diving back down. When it surfaced, fish did as well, landing on the platform. The buffin counted the fish, humming, pointing to the water.

Sliding them back in, the roc moved aside to dry off. "Enfield."

Chirping, the Enfield jumped in. Luz watched as they stayed down for a minute, surfacing with a few fish. The buffin counted, pointing to the water. "Luz." The buffin read. "Alador recommended you. Let's hope you're not a failure.."

She gulped, adjusting her one piece. "What's the temperature?" She asked.

"What?" The Buffin lowered their clipboard.

"The temperature. Can I know what it is?"

He grinned, "You're the first to ever ask Pup. It's 78°."

Luz thought for a second, diving into the water. She swam down, noticing where all the fish gathered, surfacing and swimming on top of them. She opened her mouth, lightly tapping the water. Fish surfaced, picking at her teeth, the pup slowly swimming closer to the dock.

She dove back down, barking at the fish, jumping up. The fish surfaced, flapping around. The buffin gaped, helping Luz up, "Took you four minutes. Three times longer than any other fisherman I've ever hired, yet you've gotten more than my best worker in four minutes--"

"My mama is a Portuguese water dog.. She taught me how to herd fish into nets.." Luz shook herself off. "I would gather more fish into nets than up to surface."

The buffin clapped, "Done. You're hired. Alador was not wrong about you--" He took Luz's paw. "One thing. You need to trim your mane."

Luz blinked, "More?-"

"Yes, it'll get in the way of your swim." The buffin waved the boys away, taking Luz towards the large hut. "You need to trim it."

"But my girlfriend likes it like this!-"

"I'm sorry to hear that, you can get a new girlfriend-"

Luz growled, "Alador's daughter, is my girlfriend! You do not tell me what to do. I will trim my mane down slightly, but I figure out how to keep it out of the way." Luz stepped back. "Eighteen snails every four pounds of fish I bring in. I start Thursday at 4."

The buffin perked, "You'll be my best hire yet, Kid. I'll see you Tuesday." He pat her shoulder.

He stomped off, Luz shaking herself off again before running off the dock and towards the front of the enclosed lake. Eda perked when the gate opened again, smiling, "Did you get it?"

Luz grinned, "Thursday I start."

Eda pat Luz's head, "That's what I'm glad to hear Kid! I'm proud of you. Let's go celebrate."

"I have to go thank Mr.Blight first if that's okay."

Eda nodded, "Of course! Do you want to dry off or go as is?"

"As is. He leaves for work soon, I need to get there as soon as possible."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Luz knocked on the door, tail wagging to shake off the water. The door opened, Alador peeking out, "How did it go?"

"I got the job, thank you Mr.Blight!" She smiled. "He liked that I could trick the fish into surfacing."

Alador pat her head, "Was he rude?"

"A little. But it's okay, I put him in his place."

"Dad look I found an old pic-" Amity gasped. "Luz!" She stepped forward. "Fluffy!!"

She hugged the pup, nuzzling her fluffy fur. "Sorry, I just came back from the water. I have to go now, I wanted to thank your Dad." Luz licked back Amity's fur.

The kitten merely purred, squeezing Luz and nuzzling her gently. "Don't go~"

Luz huffed, nuzzling Amity's cheek, "My poor girlfriend needs my affection. I'll see you tomorrow for dinner."

"But I want my girlfriend now~"

"I know~" Luz picked her up. "But your girlfriend needs to go~"

"Take me with you! I'll keep quiet." Amity held onto her muzzle.

Luz paused, setting Amity down, removing her paws from her muzzle. Amity covered her muzzle again, Luz letting out a soft huff, moving Amity's paws down. She growled when Amity rose her arms, ears pinning back, then she hushed when Amity moved her hands back down.

The pup leaned forward, gently nuzzling Amity's cheek, tail wagging. When Amity didn't purr, Luz drew back, huffing softly and nuzzling the kitten. Amity giggled, purring as Luz's tail picked up the pace. She was swept off her paws, laughing when Luz began to leave with her.

Eda snickered, "Calm down Romeo. Your girlfriend can't come along today. Set her down."

Luz pouted, "No."

Alador grinned, "What happened to following the rules?"

"Rules don't apply when Amity is at risk for leaving me." Luz licked the kitten's cheek.

Amity mewed, Luz's tail beginning to wag, the pup howling softly in response. The kitten giggled, mewing again, Luz howling a little louder. "Alright alright." Eda moved Luz's head back. "No more!"

The pup bared her fangs, kneeling down, lying Amity on the grass then growing comfortable on top of her. "No! My girlfriend!"

Eda narrowed her eyes, "Luz. Noceda.."

"Grr..rrrr.." The pup held Amity's waist, pressing her cheek against the kitten's.

"Luz..Don't make me count to three.." Eda spat.

The pup growled, tail straightening out, ears pinning back. "My Amity.."

"One.."

"Grrrr..!"

"Two.."

Luz's ears perked up, tail wagging as she let go of Amity. "I was just kidding. You don't have to finish counting, there's no need-" Luz licked Amity's cheek. "Adios Mi Amor, I'll see you tommorow."

Amity giggled, "I'll see you tommorow Luz."

To be continued.