"A ja jsem myslel, že nesnášíš telenovely, ale podívej se, jak jsem se mýlil, •tsk, tsk, tsk•" said the man's. Voice weirdly similar to the investigator's.
(And I thought you hate soup operas (drama), but look how wrong I was).

Both of the heros didn't waited and reached for their gun, pointing them almost without hesitation on the intruders. On contrast with John, their hands were as steady as they ever could be. This is called years of practice, praised Rafael in his head. He, himself, was a fucking prodigy when it came to guns, but there are reasons why he hated to be on this side of a gun than the other. I mean obvious reasons...

"Who are you?" barked Sam, backing away slightly. He looked at the body of the investigator and he was not surprised finding nobody there.

"Illusions," Bucky murmured only for Sam to hear it too. "No illusions, Mr. Barnes... just magic of a nanotechnology." Bucky glared at the woman. It was extremely obvious who was behind the mask.

"Why hiding behind the mask, if we already know your face? Hm, Santiago?"

"Do you? I wouldn't b-."

"Santiago?! I still can't believe you have chosen Mira Santiago to be your cover name!" The laugher of her OWN brother filled the room. More like hyena's laughter. You know, that creepy, taunting, contagious and high-pitched sound.

"Didn't you save me back in Norway?" And his laughing came to a halt. Sam just had to destroy his moment of pure joy, Raff glared at him. On the other hand, Sam recognised the tone of his laughter, because it was nearly identical to his panicking gasps.

Michelle looked at her brother with a taunting smile under her mask, "ohhh~. You will have to tell me way more~."

Rafael blushed at the though, he made his life's credo 'Heros suck!' and now he is all giddy and shy, because one of them. One would say he liked the idea of being hero, but sadly that was impossible with their-.

"I would love to talk some more, but you know," she playing with her fingers. "There is someone waiting for us... What about we make a deal? No! That sounded wrong, I didn't intend to make it sound as if you had a choice. Let me try again..." she breathed out and started one more time.

"You owe me; which means... now is the best time to pay me back. What about letting us off the hook?"

"What about you taking your damn mask down and stating your real name?" Bucky added sarcastically, but then his features softened. "What about choose one of those?" He put his gun down, finding that this wasn't an enemy he would easily fight off. On the other hand, Sam was a bit reluctant, still pointing his at Rafael.

By Bucky's point she seemed smart, way too smart for their own good. He had also seen her fight, and damn, compared to her he was truly out of form. Also he was a bit saddened by the fact, that her face might not be hers. He would love to see those eyes again. And those hips in action. He could vividly remember how their bodies fit perfectly together. Now it's official, Bucky has obtained a soft spot for the said assasin.

Michelle contemplated for a moment, unsure what to do. She had a plenty of time to see that this man, standing a few steps away, is not the Winter Soldier she was so familiar with. She smiled behind the mask, I'm glad you were able to fight your demons and rise victorious, James Buchanan Barnes.

It gave her hope, actually. Maybe... just maybe, they would be able to forgive them too, and with that a single tear spilled behind her mask, she didn't realised it did.

She climbed down from the table and was now standing opposite of Bucky. Michelle checked out, if it was safe to approach him. Who knows? This friendliness may come in handy later.

The Secret Plotterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें