pick your burdens

Eons before the beginning of mankind.

Eons before the dawn of mankind, the Creators stood in a realm beyond the confines of time and space. In their arms, they held an infant girl, her tiny form radiating an ethereal light that pulsed in harmony with the cosmos.

Chaos, a swirling vortex of untamed energy, gazed upon the child with an unfathomable delight. "What shall we call her?" Chaos inquired, its voice resonating through the void.

Creation, the embodiment of life and the architect of the cosmos, pondered the question as they surveyed the grand expanse of stars and galaxies. Drawing inspiration from the celestial tapestry, Creation whispered a name that could not be heard by ordinary ears yet reverberated through the very essence of existence.

Death, a hooded figure cloaked in shadows, listened to the inaudible name and found itself unexpectedly pleased. "Yes," Death proclaimed, its voice a haunting echo, "it is a fitting name for one so beautiful."

The Creators gently caressed the soft tuft of hair atop the infant's head, their touch imbuing her with the power to shape worlds and command the forces of nature. As they murmured words of love and adoration, the baby fussed, her tiny hands reaching out to touch the beings that had given her life.

Thus, the child  named, and her destiny was intertwined with the fate of countless worlds yet to be born. The Creators watched over her, their hearts filled with an otherworldly love that transcended the very boundaries of time and space.

Salvatore manor.

As my eyes slowly fluttered open, the warm rays of the sun filtered through the slats of the blinds, painting my body in a soft, golden light. The room around me stirred a sense of familiarity, yet my thoughts were muddled, making it difficult to grasp my current situation.

However, it wasn't merely the hazy confusion that consumed me; it was the unrelenting pressure of cold metal biting into my wrists. Handcuffs. My heart raced as I tried to piece together the fragmented memories of how I had ended up in this predicament.

I attempted to move my hands, but they remained bound, the cuffs clinking against the bedframe as a stark reminder of my restraints. A wave of anger washed over me, mingling with the lingering confusion. What had happened? Why was I handcuffed? And, most importantly, who was responsible for my current predicament?

I closed my eyes, trying to get away the throbbing pain in my head and focus on the task at hand. I needed to get out of this situation, to find answers, and to confront whoever had done this to me. With newfound determination, I opened my eyes, my gaze darting around the room for anything that could help me escape.

As the fog of confusion began to dissipate, the harsh reality of my situation came rushing back with a vengeance. The unrelenting grip of the cold, unyielding metal cuffs, and the throbbing ache in my limbs—it all served as an unwavering reminder of my present circumstances.

I was back in Mystic Falls. The familiar setting now seemed tainted by the uncertainty and danger that accompanied my return. A myriad of questions swirled through my mind, each one vying for my attention as I struggled to make sense of the events that had led me here.

The questions reverberated in my mind, a relentless barrage of uncertainty. Who had cleaned me up? And why? The fog of memory slowly lifted, revealing fragments of the past. The last thing I recalled before slipping into unconsciousness was the sight of the Salvatore brothers.

Realization began to dawn on me, like the scattered shards of a broken mirror finally coming together to form a complete image. I tested the handcuffs, the metal clinking against the bedframe.