MEGAN GILKES

NAME Megan Gilkes
AGE 23- born in November, 6 2000
COUNTRY Canada 
JOB Racing driver 

A third-generation racer, Gilkes began karting aged nine in her then-home of Barbados. Following a break from racing after a crash in qualifying at the World Finals where she broke her wrist, she won the Ottawa Challenge Karting Cup in her home country of Canada, and finished runner up in the 2016 Eastern Canadian Karting Championship as an ambassador for Dare to be Different. In 2017, Gilkes stepped up to single-seaters in the Canadian F1200 championship. Despite not contesting all of the rounds in either season she competed in, she finished third and second overall in consecutive years. Also in 2017, Gilkes finished runner up in the Sports Car Club of America Southeast Majors championship, having led it for 10 of the 12 rounds.

In 2019, Gilkes applied for the W Series, a European-based Formula 3 championship solely for women. She was selected into the category as one of 18 full-time drivers, where she won the non-championship reverse grid race at TT Circuit Assen, and became the youngest W Series race winner, and only North American female driver to win a Formula 3 race in Europe. Gilkes returned to Canada in 2020, competing in the Ontario Formula 1600 Championship, where she had two pole positions, two fastest race laps and 13 podium finishes, and was runner up overall in the series to Mac Clark.

Alongside her racing, she studies Aeronautical Engineering at the Imperial College in London. She currently works for the Aston Martin F1 Team as a trackside support engineer.