"Lizzie" he breathes out, I don't like it, I don't like how he says her name or how he looks at her.

"What are you doing here?" She huffs out in frustration, I inch closer to her when I notice her fingers shaking around the door handle.

"What is he doing here?!" He shouts before flicking his attention to me again,

"Man-" I start trying to remain calm, he's intoxicated so I don't use a harsh tone because he probably doesn't know what the fuck he is doing.

"The rival hockey team captain, are you shitting me Lizzie?! That's who you're fucking!" I flinch at his choice of words as he steps closer to her, I immediately intercept him grabbing her waist to put her behind me.

"I always knew you were a slut. Didn't know you were also a groupie with the puck bunnies" he spits out, I can feel Lizzie's body shiver as she processes the words but all I can see is red.

"Don't fucking call her that asshole" I growl, Lizzie drops her head to my back, her silent shakes vibrating through my body.

"You say one more thing about her or even fucking look at her and I am going to beat the shit out of you"

"Why don't you come face me Lizzie?! Did you sleep with him for the money you poor bitch " He shouts and that's my breaking point, I let go of Lizzie waist but not before gently pushing her away from me so she doesn't get hurt.

I jump onto him continuously punching him, he lands on the floor from impact but gets a good right swing at me causing my lip to cut,

My punches get sloppy, blood covers my knuckles and I zone out, I feel him start punching my face and that's when I hear her.

I look back and see Lizzie with wide eyes and all colour drained from her face and I wonder if I look like my father.

I slowly back away from him as he jumps back up from the floor with two black eyes and a bloody nose, my right hand trembles a bit.

"Get you're dog on a leash Lizzie" he spits out blood and I immediately walk back up to him again ready for round two but a blonde intercepts me before I can get to him.

"Jax, I don't know what the fuck you think you're doing here or why you showed up but you have no right. We broke up, get over it"

"I miss you" I roll my eyes and scoff at his words causing him to glare at me,

"I'm a better person alone" her words that are meant to hit him hit me as well, she likes not being with another person. I don't know why I care I just know I don't like those words coming out of her.

she's different.

"Is it because of him" he shouts and like second nature I step towards her.

"No, I make my own decisions. I'm not fucking him either, we're friends and he is a pretty good friend so don't go running your mouth about him" I smile at her reluctance to call us friends,

"You're protecting him from me you know? You're standing by him. I love you!" Suddenly I realise that too, she's defending me because with everything and everyone telling her not too, she's defending me.

"You don't love me Jax, not anymore. You might've once, but I've felt what it feels like too be loved and this isn't it" she says slowly, he seems to have calmed down his pupils shaking as he stares at her.

"I love you, I would do anything for you." He whisper-yells,

"Then leave and don't spread rumours about me or Luke." She says strongly, he takes a long look at her and I have the overwhelming urge to pick her up and take her away from him.

"Lizzie-"

"Leave." She cuts him off, he takes a look at both of us before walking away. Once he emerges down the stairs I tug Lizzie back into her dorm, placing my hands on her shoulders.

She looks up at me with red eyes before smashing into my chest, securing her arms tightly around me she cries and shouts and cries.

"Did you hear what-" she hiccups "he called me, he said-" I cut her off before she can say the words,

"shhh baby"
"It's okay" I rub circles along her back,

"Do you think what he does about me?" She hiccups softly looking up at me with her beautiful brown eyes,

"Not in a million years. You are perfect Elizabeth, nothing and I mean nothing could change the way I see you in my eyes. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise." I whisper to her as I kiss the top of her head.

Lizzie Myers was a force, a force I wanted to reckon with.

➹♡➷➹♡➷➹♡➷

🥹🥹🥹

I'm also thinking of doing some bonus scenes for my other book 'our misfortune' let me know if you guys want that.

It mentions Lizzie and Luke but it's written before they knew each other but their first encounter is in it😍