24

I was walking around the school when I heard fighting sounds that didn't sound like it belonged to any of our students.

"Huh?" I turned the corner to see Megumi being thrown by a big muscular guy. I quickly ran towards them and before the guy can slam Megumi into the wall, I held up a hand and his punch landed on my palm.

The punch was strong. But not strong enough. I stopped his fist with my hands and he looked at me surprised and curiously, "HUH? Impossible!"

"Megumi! Are you alright?" I asked, he didn't look very fine. He had blood on his head. Megumi nodded in response.

In the distance, I saw Inumaki and Panda coming our way.

"Why can't you just wait until the exchange event?" Panda asked, standing in front of us.

"Long time no see, Panda," the guy said.

"Go home or I'll start screaming 'noooo'!" Panda said.

"You don't have to tell me to go home," the guy said, "Where did I put my jacket?"

"Give Okkotsu a message for me: You take part too" the guy said.

"I panda, I no understand human speech," Panda said.

"Salmon," Inumaki said.

"Let's get you to Shoko," I said to Megumi as I helped him get up.

Inumaki and Panda offered that they will take Megumi to Shoko so I accepted and walked away.

...

I decided to go down the streets to get some bread for dinner when I felt a strong wave of cursed energy hit me.

I bent down to the ground, it felt like it was coming from underneath the ground. Maybe from a sewer or something.

I walked around and found an entrance so I walked down it. I heard some fighting noises, was there another sorcerer?

I stood from the entrance, peeking in. There was some dead bodies on the floor so I walked passed it and closer to the noises.

I turned another corner and saw a blue haired curse that was fighting...a blonde guy? He looked oddly familiar. That knife. Nanami!

I unsheathed my katana as I saw the blue haired curse shoot two of his arms out, reaching for Nanami. I jumped up and sliced through the arms.

"Huh?" the blue haired curse said, "Who's this? Oh, are you Y/n?"

"How do you know my name?" I asked.

"Y/n, long time no see," Nanami said.

"It's nice to see you again, Nanami," I said, smiling at him. I noticed that we were standing on something that could talk.

"What the hell is this?" I asked.

"So you're... what grade?" the blue haired curse asked.

"Grade 1," Nanami said.

"Oh, no wonder why you're so strong!" the curse said, he then turned towards me, "And you're definitely a special grade."

The curse suddenly dashed towards Nanami and placed his hands on his stomach. Nanami pushed him away and he jumped back with surprisingly fast speed. Nanami charged at the curse so I did as well. We both tried to land hits on the curse but none of it worked.

I was holding my breathing skills back because I didn't want to hurt Nanami accidentally.

"Was that it? You did well running around, but you're at your limit aren't you? Grade 1 sorcerer," the blue haired curse said.

"Nanami, are you okay?" I asked. He nodded in response.

"Save some energy," I told him as I held my katana, ready to attack.

"Wind breathing Seventh Form: Gale, Sudden Gusts," I leapt into the air and aimed the attacks at the curse.

He used his arms to block most of the attacks.

"Wind breathing Sixth Form: Black Wind Mountain Mist," I said, aiming for his legs. It sliced his legs off and he fell on the floor, landing right on his butt.

"Let's retreat, if we meet each other again, we'll continue the fight," I said, because Nanami was probably hurt, and I still had to go get bread. So Nanami and I left the place.

"If you need any help, just call me," I said. Nanami nodded and went towards the nearest bathroom.

I sighed and continued going down the street to the bread shop, I hadn't expected to get into a fight with a curse.