13

December 2007

--

I took my katana out as I got ready to practice my techniques. I was practicing my techniques out in the forest near Jujutsu High as no one comes here so I won't accidentally hurt anyone.

I stood in a ready position and said, "Wind Breathing First Form: Dust Whirlwind Cutter."

I dashed forward with lightning speed and sent horizontal slashes towards the dummy. I had nine dummies stationed in different areas so I can practice each form. The dummy was slashed into different pieces and fell onto the ground. I continued dashing to the next dummy.

"Wind Breathing Second Form: Claws-Purifying Wind," I lifted my sword up and unleashed four vertical slashes at the dummy. I concentrated on my breathing and went to the next dummy.

"Wind Breathing Third Form: Clear Storm Wind Tree," I said, this was more defensive, but it still did damage to the dummy. The trees beside me had also been cut. I remembered this was the first technique I had used on the day I met Gojo.

"Wind Breathing Fourth Form: Rising Dust Storm." This time I aimed for the dummy's legs, the slashes came from above and landed on the dummy perfectly. Nice.

I jumped high up onto the tree in the distance and landed on one of the branches, I sighted the next dummy and jumped down, unleashing slashes from above, "Wind Breathing Fifth Form: Cold Mountain Wind."

At this point, I was already tired out so I took a few sips of water before continuing.

"Wind Breathing Sixth Form: Black Wind Mountain Mist." I turned my body creating an arcing slash that was sent towards the 6th dummy.

I focused my power in my legs and leaped into the air, "Wind Breathing Seventh Form: Gale, Sudden Gusts."

Only two more left, I repeated my movement and sliced the dummy instantly, "Wind Breathing Eighth Form: Primary Gale Slash."

The last one, which was the hardest for me to do. I backflipped into the air, while upside down, I attempted to send the slashes down, "Wind Breathing Ninth Form: Idaten Typh-"

Before I could finish, I was already preparing to land, I didn't have enough time to send the slashes while upside down. I groaned. I never had enough time, I always land too early. For the next few minutes, I practiced my backflips. I was getting quite exhausted from the training so I decided to call it a day. I walked slowly back to the school.

The sight of the school always made me think of Riko, which made me think of my sister. I sighed. My sister never liked the idea of me learning how to wield a katana, she had always thought it was too dangerous. My father had taught me about the wind breathing forms when I was three, I was really lucky to have learned some of it because both my parents had passed away a few months right after I learned how to use the katana, sadly, my memory of them weren't so clear.

As I reached my room, I noticed a drawing of white dahlia Riko had given me on our way back from Okinawa. It hang on top of my desk, beside the photo of us in the aquarium. I really had missed Okinawa. If only I had another chance to go to Okinawa with Riko, or with my sister. Even my parents.

I lied down on my bed as I stared up at the ceiling. I thought of what life for me would have been like if I never touched my katana, or met Gojo. If I never had met Gojo, I would probably still be at my broken little house, with no friends at all. I wouldn't have met Gojo, Shoko, Nanami, Haibara, Yaga-sensei, Kuroi, Riko, and even Megumi and Tsumiki. But if I had never learned to use a katana, I would probably be living a normal life right now. I would have stayed in the orphanage they had sent me to after my sister died. I wouldn't have ran away. I might have found a family, and made friends at a normal school.

Oh, how I wanted a normal life. I would probably do anything just to have a normal life right now. The only way I can have a normal life is if I left everything behind. Left everything behind. Should I leave everything behind and say bye to Jujutsu? If I leave everything behind right now, I still have a chance of having a normal life. I could go to a normal school and graduate, or I could find a job. I could go anywhere I wanted. Okinawa. The place where I actually felt happy.