06

Spring 2006

Over the past few months I had went on multiple missions. Now I was a grade 1 sorcerer. Things had been going quite smoothly, or at least I think it is.

I was watching Nanami and Haibara spar on the training field while I sat on the ground keeping score.

"Y/n."

I turned around to find Geto standing on the stairs. Nanami and Haibara had stopped fighting to listen to what Geto had to say.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Yaga-sensei called for us," he said, gesturing me to follow him. I followed him to the classroom where Gojo and Yaga were at.

"Tengen-sama asked for you guys specifically," Yaga started to say. 

""Your mission has two goals, the star plasma vessel is the one compatible with Tengen-sama. You are to escort that girl and erase her." 

"Escort a brat and erase her?" Gojo asked. 

I glared at Gojo. Yaga said, "That's right."

"Is this about renewing Tengen-sama's technique?" Geto asked.

"Huh, what's that?" Gojo asked. 

I looked at them confused as well. Yaga and Geto both sighed. 

"What?" I asked. 

"Tengen-sama possesses the cursed technique of Immortality, but it is not Eternal Youth. It wouldn't be an issue if all he did was get older, but after his body ages to a certain point, the cursed technique begins rewriting his body. Evolution. He'll cease to be human and become a higher form of existence." Yaga explained.

"What's wrong with that?" Gojo asked.

"I mean it sounds kind of cool," I added. 

"According to Tengen-sama, those who reach that state of being have no will. It means Tengen-sama would cease to be Tengen-sama. All the jujutsu schools, Tokyo Jujutsu High school, the barriers that form the foundation of jujutsu society, the many barrier techniques of the assistant supervisors...They're all being strengthened by Tengen-sama. Without the aid of his power, we can hardly maintain security or clean up after missions..." Geto continued to explain as I was spacing out. 

"Right now, there are two groups after the young girl's life," Yaga said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I turned my attention back to the conversation.

Yaga turned the computer on his desk around, "One is the curse user group Q, which seeks to upend jujutsu society with Tengen-sama's rampage."

"The other is the star religious group, also known as the "Time vessel association," which worships Tengen-sama as a god," he said, changing the picture on the computer.

"Tengen-sama will assimilate the star plasma vessel two days from now. You are to protect the girl until then and ensure that she reaches Tengen-sama!" Yaga said, pointing at us. 

I nodded as we all exited the classroom. 

"Y/n-chan, want to come on a walk with us?" Gojo asked me as we exited. 

"Sure," I said and followed them out. 

I got a bottle of (f/d) from the vending machine as I followed them behind. They were having a conversation and leaving me out. How nice. They invited me along just to third wheel me? I sighed and continued following them. I wasn't focusing on them that I didn't even notice Geto leaving us and now Gojo was calling him on the phone. 

Suddenly, an explosion went off in a building behind us. 

"Huh?" I turned around with Gojo. 

"You alive?" Gojo asked through the phone. 

"You think we'll be blamed if the brat dies?" Gojo said as I saw Geto breaking out the window. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw him holding the girl on one of his curses. I quickly unsheathed my katana, sensing something coming my way. Knives. I blocked them all with my katana with a swift movement. I glanced over at Gojo to see if he was okay. Of course. He had his infinity on, the knives floated around him. 

"Wonderful," someone clapped from above, "You are Gojo Satoru right? I heard you are strong. Let me find out if the rumours are true. And Y/n L/N, right?"

"I'm down for that, but let me set some rules," Gojo said. 

"Rules?"

"I don't want to get yelled at for going overboard, so if you cry and apologize, then I won't kill you," Gojo answered. 

I facepalmed. "Damn brat."

I left Gojo to fight those people and decided to go meet up with Geto. I took the elevator up and found Geto sitting on the sofa, with his curse hugging a man. 

"Hey," I greeted Geto. He passed me a cup of tea and sat down across from him, beside where the girl was laying.