f i v e // I GET BY WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS

NAOMI LAID ON HER SMALL DORM BED with blankets up to her chin as she ate through another pint of ice cream, tears falling from her eyes as she watched the sad movie that played on the small tv

She knew that she looked a mess — ridiculous even — but she didn't care, her emotions were all over the place and all she wanted to do was cry and sleep.

The blonde had skipped out on her classes for the last couple of days and whenever Emily questioned if she was okay all Naomi could do was nod as she held back tears at Emily's gentle tone.

More tears fell from Naomi's eyes as she watched Barbra Streisand's character tell Robert Redford that his girl looked lovely before the movie ended. She needed to get a grip, she knew that but she couldn't. Her hormones were betraying her right now and it sucked — it more than sucked actually.

The sound of the door opening pulled Naomi's watery eyes away from the tv, wiping away her tears quickly as Emily walked into the room with a small smile on her face.

"Hey, I got you some more ice cream." The brunette held up a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream as she closed the door behind her.

A few step of tears fell from Naomi's eyes as she stared at the ice cream in Emily's hands. Emily was such a genuine person and she truly cared about Naomi that it made the blonde wish she had the brunette in her life longer.

"Hey, there's so no reason to cry. Unless I got the wrong kind." Emily teased as she walked towards Naomi.

Naomi quickly shook her head. "No, no. I'm sorry it's just so nice of you." The blonde sniffed as she smiled at the brunette.

The brunette sat down softly on the edge of the bed, handing the frozen treat over to the crying blonde. Emily knew there was definitely something wrong with her friend for the past couple of days— weeks even — but she couldn't get Naomi to tell her what exactly was wrong, the blonde would just change the subject whenever she tried to ask.

"I'm worried about you, Naomi." Emily admitted in a soft voice. "You've been missing classes lately and you hardly leave the room. Is it because your ex keeps calling you?"

Naomi had told Emily about Juice and everything that happened the night of her graduation party, and of course the brunette was understanding— she herself had her heart broken not too long ago.

"No." Naomi shook her head. "I can deal with all of his sad voicemails." Which there had been a lot of. Juice had called pretty much everyday since Naomi left Charming, and at first she found his voicemails funny — laughing with Emily as she played them out loud — now though they just were desperate. She wanted to forget about him, but she couldn't.

A deep sigh left Naomi's lips as Emily sat there patiently waiting for her friend to finally explain what was going on.

"I'm pregnant." Naomi's admission hung in the air between the two girls. "I found out the night of my graduation party and planned on telling Juice, but I found him with that other girl."

It felt like a weight had been lifted off of her chest. She had been carrying that secret around for too long and finally saying it out loud felt like a relief.

"What do you wanna do?" Emily's gentle voice questioned. She would stand by Naomi no matter what the blonde chose.

"I don't know." Naomi admitted as she looked at Emily with wide eyes.

"We'll figure it out." Emily's tone was firm. She wanted Naomi to know she had her back. "Just get some rest right now." She told the blonde as she laid down next to her, pulling her into a tight hug.

"Thank you, Emily." Naomi yawned as the tension finally released from her body.

It had been so long since Naomi felt like she truly had a friend that cared for her. Most of her friends back home only wanted to be friends because of who her brother was and wanted access to the infamous SAMCRO parties. Emily wasn't like that. She didn't care about who Naomi's brother was or if Naomi would invite her to parties. No, Emily was a true friend. Someone Naomi needed in her life to survive what was coming next.

MIGUEL GALINDO'S BROWN EYES LOOKED UP from the book he was currently reading as he heard hushed laughter enter the library. Miguel stared at the blonde as she entered the room with a brunette right behind her, laughing softly behind her hand.

Naomi Teller. Miguel had seen the blonde around campus and the coffee shop usually with the brunette — Emily Thomas right behind — it had been a few days since he had seen her though and he couldn't help but wonder where she had been.

A smile was on her face but it didn't quite reach her eyes, which Miguel noticed looked sad. When Miguel had first seen Naomi months ago he thought she was the most beautiful woman he had laid his eyes on. He could sense a sadness in her though and had overheard the friends talking about Naomi's ex back in California.

The sound of someone clearing their throat pulled Miguel from his thoughts. He looked towards the sound only to see Naomi standing in front of him with a smile on her face.

"Hi, is it okay if I sit here?" She asked as Miguel continued to stare at her. "It's okay if it's not. It just everywhere else is too crowded." She rambled while twirling a piece of her hair nervously around her finger.

Miguel quickly shook his head. "Go ahead." He smiled and wondered for a moment where her friend had went.

"Thank you. I'm Naomi." She whispered while sitting down.

"I'm Miguel." He smiled, watching as she pulled heavy text books from her bag.

"I know." Naomi smiled.

It grew quiet between the two as they studied, but every once in a while they took a moment to stare at each other or give each other a small encouraging smile. Miguel knew in that moment that meeting Naomi Teller was going to change his life.

an
yay another update! I'm on a roll.