t h r e e // BAD FEELING

CHAPTER THREE // BAD FEELING

A sense of dread had formed in the pit Naomi's stomach since Jax had called and told her about Luann's murder. The blonde lawyer didn't want to go back to Charming, but she had too. It was would disrespectful of her to skip Luann's funeral just because of a bad feeling.

There were words that seemed to get caught in her throat whenever Miguel asked if she was okay with going back to Charming. She wanted to scream and tell him she wasn't; that Charming was hell on earth to her, but whenever her loving husband asked in his worried and gently tone all she could do was give him a small smile and nod.

Of course Miguel knew how Naomi felt about her hometown. The couple didn't have secrets between them, their marriage would not have lasted long if they did. The topic of his wife's hometown though was still a sensitive issue for her — even after she had been gone for years.

"Amor." Miguel walked into their spacious bedroom with their twins in his arms, eyeing his wife as she sat on the edge of their bed with her hands in her blonde hair. "Thalia and Finn want to say goodbye to you before they go spend a few hours with abuela." Miguel smiled lovingly at his excited twins as he walked towards Naomi, who instantly placed a smile on her lips and stood up from the bed.

Naomi never wanted her children to see her upset. She wanted her children to always see their parents happy, and Miguel and her had done a wonderful job of that so far and she wasn't about to change that. The Galindo woman had grown up in a house where she heard too much fighting at a young age and she never wanted that for her children.

"Hi, my babies." Naomi kissed her daughter and son on their foreheads before placing a kiss on Miguel's cheek. "Are you excited to spend some time with abuela?" She questioned as the twins nodded enthusiastically with giggles leaving their mouths.

Naomi loved seeing the relationship between Dita and her grandchildren. Some days she wished her own mother could have been less toxic so she too could have a bond and know them, but Naomi knew that would never happen. Gemma only cared about the club, saying she cared about family was a lie she liked to use to control everyone around her.

"Is Nestor still picking up Sadie and Lucas from swim class?" Her blue eyes now turned onto her husband as questioned about their five year old daughter and Emily's son. The two were best friends and went everywhere together. It always bought a smile to Naomi's lips whenever she saw the two children together.

"Yes." Miguel nodded. "He'll bring them back to Emily's afterwards."

Naomi nodded at Miguel's words. Emily had offered to watch Sadie for a few hours with everything going on so that Naomi and Miguel could pack and get everything situated for the trip to Charming. She really was lucky to still have Emily in her life.