Your King, My Husband | Episode 2: Trapped!

After his highness Hyunjun took me away from Hivaria, I've been staying in this bloody cold dungeon with only scraps of food. That even a dog wouldn't eat, but I'm here sitting in tattered clothes and he'll only come down to the dungeon to play with my body.

He hasn't been down here in a couple of weeks now, so I assume he must've gone on a trip. 'I wouldn't lie if I said I'm genuinely grateful.' I feel like a trapped goose in this palace and every day, the pain I endured, the beating, and the unwanted love-making his highness does to me. I closed my eyes remembering how excited I was to see my father and arriving in Hivaria, hearing the news of their tragic fall.

"I wanted to make his highness Hyunjun reap what he sowed," I mumbled angrily.

"You'll be my beautiful bride," he said, smirking profusely. You know when he said 'I'll be his bride. I thought everything would be wonderful, but I should run away from this hell.' His highness Hyunjun pulled me closer, our faces a mere inch apart from each other, my heart pounding a bit too loudly.

It was the first time I came in close contact with a man, I mean my mother doesn't allow me out of our house and she even hides my father's identity from me. Until, I stumbled upon an old diary and the picture of her and the king of Hivaria fell out of the book. I looked closer, my mom was pregnant—-and immediately ran out of the house to confront.

She didn't tell me and I stormed out of the house in anger with barely any clothes in hand. I walked from Samato to Hivaria, and upon arriving I overheard a storyteller talking about the royal family.

"The war began a long time ago, when the queen of Neqoria Empire and the king of Hivaria Empire used to be childhood sweethearts, but their love was forbidden. Their parents knew what the prophecy said about the people Neqoria and Hivaria shouldn't have any romantic contact or any contact for that matter. However, ever since then, these two royal families hated each other to the bone, so when the Marigold flower of eternal youth was stolen, the king of Neqoria declared war," the old woman said.

"Why were they born to ashes, then?" an audience member asked.

That part caught my attention, my family burned to ashes. "Patience is a virtue dear. The war was bloody and many of our young men died fighting for our country. They were innocent, they were so young and especially they did nothing wrong to be killed ever so horribly and with hostile methods. Before the war ended, King Hyunwook ordered his oldest son, his highness Hyunjun to burn all of the royal family," she replied.

His highness Hyunjun not only beheaded the king and queen, but burned their body to ashes and nothing was left of the royal family, my family—-everyone was gone. 'I shall never let his highness Hyunjun live freely.'

The first night at the palace, his highness came to the dungeon drunk and he even reeked of alcohol.

"My beautiful bride, let's have fun," he said.

"No. Let go of me, your highness," I said.

I used all of my strength to fight him, but he was much stronger than me. His highness pushed me on the ground and hovered on top of me, kissing me eagerly. He ripped off my clothes and went down from my breasts, then to my stomach and he took off his clothes—-'I don't want to remember that memory.'

I got out of my thoughts, the moment I heard the door swing open—-I didn't want to look up because I knew who it was.

"Do you miss me?" Hyunjun said.

He bent down to my eye level, "Jung-myung, you may leave," Hyunjun said, ushering his guard to give us privacy.

 "Yes, your highness," Jung-myung replied.

"Now, shall we continue our moment?" he whispered in my ear.

"I fucking hate you," I replied.

He smirked and pressed his hands on my neck, "I'll make you hate me even more, besides no descendant of the Chang royal family will survive my game," Hyunjun said.

I slapped him, causing him to press his hand even tighter on my neck; "Today, I'll make you regret what you did," he said.