"let's get you home." jeongguk says plucking the giant mingyu from his seat.

"gguk.. you know right, you deserve so much more? more than that asshole kim taehyung who doesn't even know he is breaking your heart.. fuck him jeongguk you have so many more options.." mingyu slumps on jeongguk's shoulders with the last sentence and jeongguk just laughs.

"jesus gyu, you are wasted."

jeongguk is finally able to bring mingyu out of the god forsaken bar and is about to call a cab when he sees it. he sees them.

yoongi clinging to taehyung, seemingly also tipsy and taehyung just looking at him with the fondest eyes ever. jeongguk feels bile rising up in his throat. he's not sure if it's alcohol or jealousy. he is about to go hide in the alleyway beside when mingyu stirs up again.

"jeongguk, you deserve so much."

"only if you knew how much i liked you

but i watch your eyes as she

walks by..."

iii.

jeongguk still remembers falling for taehyung like it was yesterday. the first day of office jitters were really getting to him and he stood in front of the elevator like a statue. he wanted to half run away and half cry. he felt so queasy that he was willing to forget that this job is what he worked so hard for, he wanted to go back to that cafe he worked in years prior. he wanted to go back to his mom. he was absolutely frozen and could just see the clock ticking away, his reporting time approaching too fast for his comfort. he knew if he was late he'd be fired, all these years, tears and hard work would go into vain. if only someone pushed him, told him to move—

"are you going up?" a man's voice spoke from behind, finally stirring jeongguk from his position.

"yes" he croaked. this was embarrassing.

the guy finally pushed the button, something that jeongguk was not able to do for the past ten minutes. the elevator doors opened and the strong gaze of the man was the push jeongguk needed to get into the elevator.

the ride up the tenth floor wasn't exactly what jeongguk had expected.

"are you the new employee at firm cloud seven?" the guy asked.

jeongguk finally looked at the guy properly. he was tall, falling short of just a few inches from jeongguk, sharp features and a pair of sharper eyes behind black rimmed glasses. to say that the guy was attractive would be an understatement. jeongguk didn't realise that he was checking this guy out until he heard a laugh from the other side.

"like what you see?"

jeongguk blushed a furious crimson.

"uh- yeah i do- i mean i am the new employee at firm cloud seven!" jeongguk said, frantically trying to save himself from further misery.

the guy only chuckled as the elevator doors opened once more.

"i'll be seeing you around then" his eyes flicked to jeongguk's ID card "jeon jeongguk."