" Okay," he quickly appeared at the driver's side and settled himself inside the car. The entire ride to the house was silent, just the background filled with gentle music. He attempted to talk with me, but my absence of acknowledgment was the sole answer he received. I could see the glimpse of frustration, concern, and incredulity on his countenance due to my lack of verbal exchange, however, I did nothing to help him because my own head was tangled with the entire calculation about the sender of the letters.

When the car came to halt, in an instant my guards were up. We walked inside the room, silently. And before he could have said anything, I ejaculated.

" I will take a quick shower."

I hurried into his room before he could question the unseen unfathomable distress between us.

I had been at his place a few times, and every time I entered his room, a thought emerged in my head, this could be our room. This thrilling bubble burst when the shadow of fear fell over it. As exhilarating as it sounds to stay with him there is also a worrisome, what if we're rushing things? I placed the bag on the bed and quickly went to shower and changed into one of Aiden's comfy shirts which I grew to love.

My eyes fell on the blue envelope which was peeking from my fallen bag. I retained it and reclined on the bed.

Stillness loomed as I gazed at the envelope that was clutched in my hand.

What are you trying to do, Emerald?

My fingertips brushed the surface of the letter, softly. Just one peek won't hurt.

No Emerald, you can't invade his privacy. He will be angry.

I didn't want to snoop in his things; however, I couldn't obliterate unpleasant thoughts from my head. Inquisitiveness has taken over me, I wanted to know what was written in the letter, and I also knew Aiden won't be telling me if I ask him.

Don't do this, you will only hurt him.

Slowly and dexterously, I opened the envelope. A white paper scribbled with ink was peeking out. I withdrew it.

I am sorry Aiden. Please forgive me.

And I started reading-

Dear Aiden,

It's been four years, and I miss you so much. Even after years, I still write you in hope that one day you will answer my letters, but to my disappointment, there is never a single word heard from you, and it breaks my heart every day. I heard you came back to London, there are so many unsaid things, I just want to meet you. It's hard here without you...Please, meet me once.

There isn't a day when I don't remember that fatal night that ruined our lives for forever. Everything was going–

I stopped reading.

No. No, I can't. This is so wrong. I knew if I read further than this, it will only break my heart.

Who is she? Whoever this person was, her love was reflected in her words. The tempest of turmoil was rising and I was afraid it would sweep me off my feet and hurl me harshly on the surface.

My heart thumped wildly inside my chest, as I paced back and forth in the room with grim thoughts heavy in my head. Before I was in the dark so I didn't know what to search for, however, now when I got the taste of a secret would I be able to remain silent about it?

How would I ask him when I was the one who told him I will wait?

Who was she to him? Why did he never mention her to me? Would I be sane if I don't let out how I feel about this entire situation?