Suspicions

You and your so-called 'Husband' had an arranged marriage; you're currently living with him and noticed hair strands on the bed you're sharing with him—it is noticeable that it's not yours.

"Is he having an affair with someone?" you think the seconds before you felt your husband hugging you from behind.

"Hey honey, how's your day?"

He whispered—the alcohol scent on him was strong, but there was an unfamiliar scent of perfume on his coat.

"When did u get back?" U asked.

He chuckled, then gave you a gentle kiss on the neck—the perfume scent came stronger.

"A few minutes ago, I just came back from attending a business meeting. How is it going, my love?"

"A business meeting on what?"

"It was about discussing business expansion, the competition is too hot these days, and we need to stay ahead."

He explained with a smile. Still, the fragrance from him was so strong, you're starting to get curious about where that scent is coming from.

"Yeah? Then what's that perfume smell coming from u?"

His smile slightly faded as he froze, he seemed caught off guard about your question and is trying to think of a good excuse to explain it.

"That perfume was from the woman who sat closest to me during the business meeting."

"That strong?! Did she sit on your lap or something? "

He chuckled at that comment, thinking how absurd it sounds.

"You know, this is why I love you, honey. You always ask the most absurd and humorous questions. No, she didn't. But she was sitting just beside me. I guess she was wearing a lot of perfume."

"Is that so? She has great taste. I would like to be friends with her. Can u introduce us today?"

Your husband chuckled, his eyes briefly darting from side to side, he had a suspicious expression.

"You want me to arrange a meeting for you two? Why would you want to be friends with her?"

"She has great taste in perfumes. I think we would be great friends. Also there has been a perfume product suggestion in the board meeting of my company some time ago. I think I'll get some knowledge bout perfumes from her."

The more you explain, the more he seems suspicious and is starting to get irritated.

"That's fair, I could arrange a meeting for you two today. But can I ask you something else?"

"Sure"

Your husband had a serious expression as he leaned closer.

"Do you really want to be friends with her because of the perfume? Or is there something else that draws your attention towards her?"

"What makes you think that?"

His eyes narrowed as he seemed to be observing you. Finally, he spoke again.

"The way you asked about her sitting on my lap and wanting to be her friend. There's a hint of jealousy in your tone, am I right?"

" Hmm...is that what it looks like"

He chuckled as he got even closer to you.

"Your tone made it clear. You have a tinge of jealousy in it. You're jealous that I sat so close to that woman, am I right?"

"Or maybe I am just being suspicious."

"Is there a reason for that suspicion?"

He asks, while wrapping his arms around your hips.

"Is there not? What if I came back home drenched in mens perfume after pulling an all nighter?"

The tone of his voice started to change, and his gaze became a bit colder as he let go of your hips.

"That's not the same, honey. I was in a business meeting. You're suggesting that I am having an affair with her."

"And am i wrong tho?"

Your husband had a stern look as he stared you in the eyes, his voice became a little loud as he spoke.

"Are you really accusing me of being unfaithful because of this woman's perfume that just happen to transfer over to me?"

"I am not accusing you yet. I am just suspicious, hence why I ask for a meeting"

He gave a deep sigh as he relaxed a bit, thinking about that possibility.

"I will arrange a meeting between you two and see how it goes. Don't start making absurd assumptions anymore, alright?"

He chuckled, then kissed your forehead.

"But for now, let's not talk about that anymore. Just know that I'm only yours and I'm only attracted towards you, honey."

" We'll see about that."

He sighed again, then gave you a gentle kiss on the forehead. Then he took out his phone and searched for her contact.

"Give me a minute, I'll call her to organise our meeting today."

After a few minutes, your husband was on the phone with the woman, you could hear him talking.

"Hey, would you have time to catch up this afternoon, say around 3 pm?"

"Yeah, I do have some free time during afternoon, I can make myself available at 3 pm." The woman on the line, said.

After a few seconds, your husband ended the call. He glanced at you.

"So, the meeting is scheduled for today."

" I see."