CHAPTER 2

Chapter 2

We walked the path from the parking lot towards the expansive grass field. I think this also serves as the school's garden because numerous beautiful flowers can be seen in various parts of this grass field. Not far away, I spotted a soccer net, so I assume that's the soccer field. Given the vastness of this grass field, sigurado akong kahit gawin din itong basketball court ay walang problema.

When I looked ahead, my jaw almost dropped at what I saw. Is this a castle? But I know what this castle-like structure in front of me really is. It's incredibly massive, but my awe for the surroundings made me not notice it immediately earlier. It has a white and black exterior with numerous windows, presumably classrooms. Two flags stand on either side of the entrance – the country flag and the school flag. I also spotted a large fountain where some students were sitting on the side.

I heard the faint laughter of Ate Yash, so I looked at her. It seems like she's laughing at me because she's looking at me. Perhaps my face is quite amusing right now because of my reaction to what I'm seeing.

"That was also my reaction when I first came here." Sabi ni ate Yash.

"Hindi 'to mukhang school." Sabi ko kaya mas lalong natawa si ate.

"I agree. But this will look like a school later once we enter because of the classrooms and facilities inside. You'll also see many students wearing uniforms."

Napatango ako sa sinabi ni ate Yash. If that's the case, I'm excited to go inside and explore the entire school. But I doubt if I can do that because just by looking at it, it seems exhausting to go around the whole school due to its immense size. Not to be overly dramatic, but one day might not be enough for that.

We entered the school through the entrance where we needed to tap our student cards before entering. Even the color of our student cards is different. Similar to the pins on our uniforms, my siblings' cards are red, while mine is bronze.

Nang tuluyan na kaming makapasok sa lobby ng school ay tama nga ang sinabi ni ate Yash. Madaming students ang nakakalat sa paligid at madami rin akong pintong nakikita, ang iba ay classrooms at ang iba naman ay facilities based sa placard na nakapaskil sa bandang itaas ng pinto.

"Our first class is about to start, so we won't be able to accompany you to the President's office. Here's the school map so you won't get lost," Ate Yash said as she handed me the school map. As far as I know, only Alphas and Betas are given this.

"Message us if something bad happens," Seryosong saad naman ni kuya Brent.

"Message mo rin kami mamayang break time. Kailangang sumabay ka sa amin kumain mamaya kung ayaw mong bugahan ng apoy ni Mommy," natatawang sabi ni ate Yash.

I nodded at them before we bid each other goodbye. I walked the path towards the President's office, holding the school map as my guide. It didn't take long bago ako makarating sa isang room na may double doors. I read the sign above the door and confirmed that it was indeed the President's office.

I knocked twice and waited outside. I noticed a few stares from some students passing by, but I didn't pay them any mind. Perhaps they knew I'm new here.

"Come in,"

When I heard the voice from inside the President's office, I took a deep breath before opening the door. As I entered the room, I almost shivered from the extreme cold. It seems like the air conditioning in this room is excessively strong. Takot na takot mapawisan? Kidding.

Inside the room, there is a large sofa and two single sofas on either side of it. In front, there is a moderately sized coffee table facing the President's desk, which also has two chairs placed opposite each other in front.