All of that confidence i built up these past few days, disappeared from me straight away as I shrunk back, away from him.

Reese stormed closer to me until my back hit the wall of the hallway.

He cornered me in as he put his hands on the wall on either side of his head.

"Why are you texting Raphael, Alina? That's basically like cheating on me! Are you cheating on me!?" He asks in an outraged, angry voice.

I flinched back in response as I shut my eyes.

This is triggering some bad memories for me and I'm really hoping I don't get a flashback right now.

I just want to get out of here.

I try to move forward out of the little corner I'm trapped in, but Reese pushes me back to the wall.

"Are you cheating on me Alina!?" He almost screamed at me.

"N..No, Raphael is my friend, just like you!" I tell him trying to hold myself together.

Reese stared at me with fury in his eyes and I realise then and there that I have said something wrong.

I don't know exactly what though.

What I said was true, wasn't it?

"Friends!? WE ARE NOT FRIENDS, ALINA!" He screamed at me.

"We're...not?" I asked him confused and scared.

I swear we were, that's why he wanted to get to know me better!

"We're dating Alina! I thought you knew that!" He told me with a look in his eyes.

"No we're not. You never asked me out!" I pointed out to him, arguing that I'm correct.

I'm not wrong on many occasions and I take pride in that.

"Yes, I did! I did in class about a week ago!" He argued.

"You wanted to get to know me better, not date me!" I told him.

He stared at me silently.

Tears started forming in his eyes as he stared at me.

Oh no, no, no, no I can't deal with tears.

I look away as I can guarantee I will start feeling sorry for him even though I shouldn't.

That's just me!

"So, you just let me believe we were something? Why would you not tell me?" Reese continued with tears running down his face.

"Because you never asked me! There was no clarification!" I repeated to him again slowly, just so he understood.

I was really hoping he would stop as the hallway was starting to fill up with students.

Where did they come from!? Why did they have to spawn here, now!!?

"Ok, fine. Alina, will you please be my girlfriend!? Pretty please?" He asked me with a smile as a crowd started to form.

The same smile that I found pretty and perfect when I first met him.

Not again!

Peer pressure is definitely my weakness. It's a really scary thing.

Don't you dare blame me, with that many people's eyes in my direction, and whispers about me, I said yes.

Plus, what would he have done if I didn't say yes? I'm not sure, and that scares me.

I regret it, but I'm too scared and embarrassed to take it back.

The lost mafia princessOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara