Chapter 27

ALINA' S POV

My dad has a gentle hold on my shoulder as he turns me to face him at the entrance to the basement.

"Are you sure about this? You don't have to do this if you don't want to" He asks me with a kind tone.

When he came to me asking if I wanted to come to the basement with him, I automatically said yes.

He promised I could come the next time he had someone down there and he kept it.

I was intrigued on the people who come down here just like I was with Elias.

He nodded at me in reply as we carried on our journey through the musty corridor.

I told him that I didn't want to be carried, as I wanted to use my crutches.

I made sure that my face didn't give anything away.

I acted as if I had never been down here before looking anywhere and everywhere.

I let my dad guide me to where we were going because I haven't been down here before.

I tried not to be phased as I saw a big guy chained to a chair that looked too small for him.

The room looked smaller this time with the members of staff all around.

They all looked my way, confused and shocked at my presence until my dad cleared his throat coming up behind me.

My dad squeezed me shoulder in reassurance.

They all turned back to the man in the centre of the room in unison, who I now realised was unconscious, presumable from the nasty bump on the head.

I saw my dad look to me before hesitating to nod at one of his guys.

Out of nowhere a big bucket of water is thrown at the guy.

He jolts awake with a petrified look on his face as he looks around.

As soon as he makes eye contact with my dad his face goes stone cold.

My eyebrows raise in surprise at the change of emotions so quickly.

My dad walks closer to him but indicates for me to hold back.

"What were you doing in my territory?" My dad questions him crouching so he's face to face with him.

Silence follows as the man tries to head-but my dad.

I suck in a breath as I take a step forwards.

I retreat and relax as I realised he had failed as my dad moved smoothly to the side to avoid it.

Cool!

That's definitely something I want to learn.

"You think it's smart to keep your mouth shut? Your little friends aren't coming to help you. You're alone in my territory. It's hopeless. Just answer my questions and I'll have mercy on you" My dad tells him trying to make a deal with him.

"Her" he replies with whilst nodding his head in my direction.

"What about her?" My dad asks him with a stern voice.

"I'll talk to her. No one else" he replied with a smirk on his face.

My dad looks towards me worriedly.

Shit.

I don't know if I want to do this anymore.

No, no, no more weakness.

I can do this.

Plus I'm surrounded by many people.

I'll be fine.