This is Dramatic

...where the fuck am I? I was asleep, reading up on my bomb-ass D&D campaign, and now I'm watching a guy get hazed and beaten while his family watches. The area we're in is kinda like this arena mixed with a courtroom. The arena part comes from the round patch of dirt in the middle of a circle of seats with 4 taller chairs with podiums on one side, probably for some big shots for wherever I am. The people here look pretty diverse like generic.... fantasy.... nobles...am I in a fantasy world? There are two adults next to me that I don't know, but an entire profile pops up, surprising me a little.

Cyrus: Huh?

Man: Hm, something wrong son?

Was I...which one is it?

Cyrus: No no, just a little lost is all.

So he's my dad. Well this system, or whatever you wanna call it, shows me his profile like I said earlier.

Name: Marquess Lloyd Gearforge
Noble House: Gearforge
Wife: Marchioness Lydia Gearforge
Heir: Cyrus Gearforge (You)
Fief: Vlyanderbak
Relation: 80 (He's your father, duh)
Status: Intact
Vassals: 0

Name: Marquess Lloyd GearforgeNoble House: GearforgeWife: Marchioness Lydia GearforgeHeir: Cyrus Gearforge (You)Fief: VlyanderbakRelation: 80 (He's your father, duh)Status: IntactVassals: 0

So I'm a fucking nobleman? And the son of a Marquess at that. So we're below the Duke in this world. But what happened to that guy? Well system, show me Mr. Guy on trial's status if you please.

Name: Baron Caliban Alchemara
Noble House: House Alchemara
Wife: Baroness Rachel Alchemara
Heir: Angeline Alchemara
Fief: None (Lost)
Relation: 10 (Based on association with House Gearforge but no real knowledge)
Status: Fallen
Vassals: 0

So if I'm right, a Fallen House is a Noble House that's lost much of its power and influence for one reason or another. Anyone can become a Fallen House if the King or Emperor wishes. But why did these guys fall?

Cyrus: Hey Dad, what happened to their House?

Lloyd: You haven't been paying attention to Noble affairs. Remember how House Alchemara was once the same rank as us for Alchemy?

Cyrus: Yeah.

No the fuck I don't. 

Lloyd: Well a mix of failed experiments and dangerous events made them fall lower and lower until they lost almost everything. The Great Houses called this duel between Baron Alchemara and other House Lords to determine their fate.

Damn, that's cruel. I get the guy failed a lot of times but beating him up in front of all of these snobs is just overkill. One guy kicks Caliban in the stomach and walks around with his arms out.

Noble: Look at this failure, everyone. The Kingdom of Avalonia doesn't need people who endanger other Noblemen, does it?

Everyone cheers while berating Caliban. Alchemy is a pretty dangerous but important job in a fantasy world. Alchemists don't just make potions, they also modify materials and even make new substances. Even if the guy fucks up, Alchemy is all about trial and error. Besides, every innovation and creation wasn't made right then and there. It takes time, effort, and failure to make something great. I wish I could help the guy but I don't know the first thing about this type of stuff. I knew I should've watched Shogun and Game of Thrones, this shit's too complicated for me.