𝐌𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈 . . . 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒

PROJECT SIN EATER . . . message eight
THE DECEIVERS

"Wait out here for a minute, ok?"

The blonde girl called out to the trio, to which Falco replied with a 'sure'. As the girl went inside, they turned to the horses inside the wooden railing that circled them.

"We should steal horses and make a break for it." Gabi quickly said, staring too intently at them.

"What are you talking about?" Falco questioned, looking at her along with Dymphna.

"They're gonna send soldiers after us. We haven't run far enough yet to be safe," Gabi then turned to Falco, "And besides, I'm not about to eat alongside a bunch of island devils."

"Look, I need you to listen-" "Alright! Come on in!"

The girl who escorted them there called out to them from inside the cabin, making them turn their heads to her.

"Just give us a minute, thank you!" Dymphna yelled out to her, offering her a fake but friendly smile before it dropped, turning to Gabi.

"As much as I hate to admit it, Gabi, we have to. We barely know much about this island, soldiers outside this countryside can see us, I went through severe injuries and we're starving and tired. Think of it as an opportunity for now," Dymphna told her in a stern tone before continuing her sentence after thinking a little.

"They have food, right? So, when we get a better clear out of what to avoid and some rations for the next couple of days, we can leave, so I'm begging you to please be quiet and comply until we come up with a plan, got it?" Dymphna told but demanded more in a way, looking down at her with furrowed brows.

When Gabi just stayed silent, she groaned lightly, her head pounding and honestly too tired to deal with this.

"I'll do the talking for us," Falco told them before Dymphna nodded and let out a small sigh of relief she finally got a break.

"Good mornin' to ya. I hear you're runaways. Mind if I ask your names?"

When the man with the small beard spoke, both Dymphna and Gabi were a bit surprised at the southern Marleyan accent coming out of his voice but Falco spoke quickly, interrupting Dymphna's train of thought.