sasha walked up to the front door, pulling out her key, slipping it into the lock and twisting it for the click. she pushed the door open and stepped inside, staying alert in case her aunt or uncle were home. they didn't seem to be. sasha shut the door behind her and began to move through the house, feeling slightly more relaxed. 

first, she went into the kitchen, grabbing snacks annabeth had asked for, plus some for herself and her sibling, mostly herself. she got strawberry laces - fizzy and normal, fruit winders, granola bars specifically for annabeth, gods her bestfriend was pretty weird. as well as family packs of kitkats, mini eggs, snickers, lion bars, heroes, coke and fruit twist fanta, aka the best fanta. she brought all the acquired food and drink upstairs into her room with her. 

when she opened the door, dust billowed out filling her nose and mouth. sasha spluttered and coughed as she moved into her room. it almost looked abandoned. only a small slither of light was allowed it at the moment, so sasha chucked the snacks on her bed and went to open the curtains first. then she moved to her wardrobe and pulled out a rucksack to put her things into. 

first, the drinks went into the bag, then all the snacks, then sasha scoured around her room searching for the things annabeth had requested. she quickly emptied her desk of all its pencils and birots (what? the camp store was pretty expensive for children), putting them all in the front compartment of the sack. she looked up from her desk and saw her collage of polaroids.

there were plenty of her with annabeth, holy shit they looked young. they looked like two 7-year-old monkeys with their wide grins and squinting eyes. sasha could remember the summer annabeth arrived at camp. she remembered how much more fun it was, having another girl her age running around camp with her. they had instantly clicked. only the older campers like silena, beckendorf, luke or lee would remember them as the little menaces of camp. 

it was a lot more fun than sasha's first summer at camp. sure, she had silena and lee to care for her. but it was just that. caring for her. they were many years older and had a lot more training to endure. sasha being 6 that summer, had a very different schedule than silena or lee, and she could remember feeling quite lonely.

There were a couple sneaky candids of silena, looking stunning as per. there were a couple lee had taken on her camera without her knowledge - in one you could see sasha running up to him in the background. there was one of will sleeping peacefully on his first night at camp - sasha had taken an instant liking towards him - and there was a group photo of cabin 7 posed by the lake. 

sasha pulled them all off the wall and placed them carefully into the rucksack so they didn't get bent, planning to put them up in her real home. she also grabbed the old camera off her desk and stashed it in her bag as well. 

sasha then moved to grab the rest of her art supplies she had had to leave behind last time: the rest of her paintbrushes, her fancy watercolour paints, another palette, her better-quality colouring pencils, her charcoal, placing them each in her bag as she went.

suddenly, sasha heard the click of the front door, the clacking of heels moving through the house. sasha froze in fear.

"sasha?" her aunt called out from the ground floor, slightly muffled from being 2 floors down. she must have seen the van down the road. the voice triggered unwanted memories which had been elaborately buried.

7 year old sasha was being pushed through the house by her aunt. with each shove, her aunt shouted another hurtful comment. 

"you stupid, piece of shit." 

"why your mother kept you, i'll never know." 

"why would grandma alex leave everything to a useless child like you?"