Chapter 3

After a couple of hours, officer Roth came back in holding a brown paper folder. I'm guessing they are my test results

'Hey kiddo, sorry it took so long but we have your results.'

'No family' I state before he can tell me because I know. I've never had any biological family so why would they just appear?

'No actually, we have found your biological family! Your mum, dad and brothers actually'

Shock. That's all I feel right not. Shock of the fact I actually have a family. I don't know how to feel about them though, because if I have brothers, why am in the only child who ended up in care?
I feel hurt? Betrayed? Confused?

'We have already called them and they are more than happy to take you in, they live quite a while a way but should be here by the end of the day.'

'Oh. Okay. Where do they live then?'

'New York'

NEW YORK. that's like a 3 hour plane ride. Oh my god.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Andrea

Earlier that day...

My home holds nothing but silence, my kids at school or work with their father. And I wonder the halls looking for something to keep myself entertained

Most days I would be in my office, finding things to do for my company but today is a day where I feel the need to take a break. So I stayed home to get some rest.

It's so different when no one is at home, we don't have Dante finding and picking little arguments with his brothers. But even when they are home, it feels so different.
Even after 11 years the home doesn't feel complete, I don't have my baby babbling down the hallways after her papa, or searching for her big brothers to play with.

She would be 14 now.
14.

Even though we have been told the likelihood that we will find her alive or even at all is slim to nothing. But I hold that hope close to my heart.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

After a couple hours my younger sons come home, and my day of rest comes to and end.
After a couple hours of cooking and cleaning for my sons I hear the phone ringing in my husbands office.
It's weird. Everyone in the company knows he works in the office during the week and to not call the home office phone.

I would never really do this but I walk into the office, and pick up the phone.

Officer Ross
Andrea morello

'Hello is this mr. Morello?'

'No but this is his wife, Andrea. My husband is out right now so you need me to pass on a message?'

'Oh no it's fine mrs. Morello, I'm officer Ross from LAPD,we believe we have your daughter here, miss Beatrice, and she is in aid of a new guardian and as her biological parents we were wondering if you would like to take her back in?'

My response is immediate

'Yes, oh my god, yes of course we will take her in.
Can you send us all the detail and paperwork now?'

'Of course'

'I'll wait for my husband to arrive home before we get a flight over, but we would love to bring her back'

'That's great, I'll see you later tomorrow then'

'Yep sounds great goodbye'

'Goodbye'

...