Chapter 24

Chapter 24!

I watched him go down the stairs. His black hair flowing behind him. How could he say that? I missed being near him. I missed being able to hug him without question. I then shuttered. A rush of anger went over my body. What he said to me hurt. He didn’t even care he said one thing... Don’t cry. The anger and venom in his voice kept repeating itself over and over again in my head. I shouldn’t miss him. I shouldn’t be thinking I can’t go on without him. This isn’t a first love thing. Not even close. I tried lieing to myself but couldn’t it was my first love. But everyone gets heart broken and then people grow up and get over it. It hurt you on the way but it was something we all went through at some point or another. There’s even people who get broken more then once in there life. I walked out of the apartment. How someone could go through this more then once in there life I would never know...Or want to find out. I loved Alex I really did. But what he did was not okay. It isn’t like I cheated.. We weren’t together at the time. We were seperated. He made out with that girl when we WERE together. There is a difference between my no no and his no no. I walked down the steps. I turned the counter to find ALex leaning against the building. He came forward. He bit his lip.

“Why are you nervous?” I asked disgusted. I tried hiding it but couldn’t. What I just noticed in the 2 minuets changed my point of view. He cocked an eyebrow. we just stood there in front of the building. Only inches between us. He stared at me.

“Why are you being so mean now?” He asked. I scoffed. He knew what he did was wrong and said sorry. I think.. Did he say sorry?

“because I can be.. I have reasons.” I said looking up at him. He nodded and shifted his bangs.

“And those reasons would be?” He asked amused. I looked at him.

“What you said to me was hurtful.” He chuckled and nodded.

“What you did was hurtful.” I rolled my eyes.

“We WEREN’T together it just happened it wasn’t my fault I was drunk and so was he. You did both of your no no’s when we WERE together. notice how I’m emphasizing on were and weren’t.” He nodded. He then tilted my face up towards him.

“It hurts just the same. The way you felt when we were together and I did that it hurt like a bitch didn’t it... You think it didn’t hurt the same way when we weren’t and plus we weren’t together for what 5 hours?” He said. I nodded. He was right.. Ugh.. I hate it when someone proves me wrong.

“But you didn’t need to say those things.. They hurt and made it hurt even more.” He nodded.

“Yeah and I’m sorry but You don’t get it do you.. You cheated and you say its because you were drunk... Thats not a good enough excuse. It hurt me what you did... Ten having those other girls give me a better description then you did... It hurts even more.” I looked at him.

“Okay I get that....I’m sorry..” He nodded.

“I’m sorry too.. I was just so angry you did that.. It hurt me.. But I hurt you.. And thats not okay..” I looked at him. His eyes glistened from the sun. I wanted him. I really did want to make this into a ‘80s movie where the girl just lunges for him and then they just bolt up to the bedroom.. But this was real. I hugged him tightly. I then smelt the Alex smell. His smell only his. It was of clean clothing and axe. I loved it. I pulled away. I pushed my hair back.

“We better get going..” I said. He sighed and nodded. We walked on to the school. We walked through the doors. Jackson’s friends all turned to me. I use to see them as Zach’s friends, but honestly that didn’t apply to them anymore. It was like Zach was to good to have them be called his friends. I know it seems like I’m making a saint out of my brother.. but he was to me. I didn’t care about anyone else’s thoughts about him only mine. They all waved me to come over. I turned to say bye to Alex but he was already gone. I sighed and walked over to them. Jackson wrapped his arm around me and pulled me to his side. A bright smile on his face. The one I think was Derek smirked.

“If Zach was here aw dude.. Your ass would have been his. He woulda bitch slapped you into next year.” I rolled my eyes.I wanted to leave but Jackson was holding me to tight to his side that I couldn’t even breath let alone leave. I then saw a figure walking over here. Jackson beamed.

“Mikey!!” He said happily. Mikey looked at me and smiled. He was Zach’s bestestest friend since kindergarten. He moved when I was 12. But he still called. He looked at me offended.

“You don’t remember me?” I chuckled and went to hug him. Jackson’s grip stopped my attempt. Mikey rolled his eyes and pulled me towards him, hugging me tightly. He was like my second brother. I missed him sooo much.

“You shouldn’t date people you aren’t really in to cute stuff.” He whispered in my ear. I sighed.

“I can’t hurt him.” I whispered back. He nodded.

“I missed you cute stuff.” He said pulling away. He looked me up and down.

“Havent seen you since you were twelve and damn have you grown up!” He said smiling. I blushed.

“Shut up.” I said smirking. The bell rang. Jackson came to my side. He put his hand out. I put my hand on his. My fingers intwining with his. People stared and one particular person made me cringe. Alex watched us walk together hand in hand. He looked like I was stabbing him in the heart by doing this...But he said it was time for us to move on..I’m doing as he said. I went to my locker. Jackson waited, leaning against the locker beside mine. After I shut my locker he pulled me close. He kissed my head.

“You wanna sit with me and the guys at lunch?” He asked. I shrugged.

“Maybe..I’m not sure..” He nodded and kissed my lips and then hugged me. His smell went through my nose. It smelt like deoderant and some calone like a Tim McGraw calone. I sighed and pulled away and started for my next class looking down at the floor. It would never be the same...Not without Alex..It just wouldn’t. Everyone knew what happened to us we didn’t get any simpethy. We didn’t expect it either..Well maybe I did. All that we had been through just tore us further and further apart and yet no one really cared. They didn’t show any compassion towards us once so ever. What happened to be compassionate to those in distress? That was the only question you asked when you came to this school.