Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I groaned as everyone stared as me and Alex walked out of the room holding hands. Alex chuckled.

“You get stalked and asked 20 questions to?”

He asked. I sighed and nodded.

“I got asked a billion times and frankly if another person asks me if I’m dating you and why I swear to god I’m going to punch somebody.”

Alex chuckled. My arm started to sting. I thought they would be better by now... Alex and I walked on to the apartment building. We walked up the steps and stopped in the hallway between are side by side doors.

“I have to grab some clothes I’ll be right over.”

Alex nodded.

“Just come on in you don’t have to knock.. But do it quietly so she doesn’t hear.”

I nodded and kissed him and opened the door to my apartment. I saw my mom in her room. Her eyeliner dripping down her cheeks. I sighed and tiptoed to my bedroom. I grabbed clothes out of my drewers.

“2 shirts, 2 pairs of jeans thats good enough.”

I mumbled allowed and stuffed the clothes in my bag. I tiptoed back out of my bedroom and out of the apartment. I opened Alex’s apt. door slowly and quietly.

“YOU THINK IT’S OKAY TO JUST LEAVE ME?!? YOUR JUST LIKE YOUR FATHER! YOUR BOTH A DISSAPOINTMENT TO THIS WORLD! I HAD TO DO IT I HAD TO WANT KIDS! AND THIS IS WHAT I GET?!? I DIDN’T WISH FOR A HORRIBLE CHILD! YOUR SUCH A FAG! LOOK AT YOUR HAIR AND THE WAY YOU DRESS!”

Mona held Alex by his collar of his shirt. She spat the words at him. She dropped him onto the floor. She kneeled down steadying herself. She slapped Alex across the face 2 times. She laughed then stood up and kicked him. Alex held his stomach.

“GET UP BITCH!”

I watched as Alex got up. Mona punched him then pulled him towards her by his collar of his shirt again. Blood started coming out of Alex’s nose. I didn’t know what to do. The tears flowed out of my eyes as Mona continued to hurt Alex. Mona finally dropped Alex on the floor. She moved from side to side. I now saw the vodka bottle in her hand.

“That’ll teach you to leave me.”

She said. She waddled from side to side and left the room gripping the walls for balance. Alex started crying on the floor. He got up slowly, gripping his stomach and spitting out blood. I gasped and covered my mouth. Alex looked over at me. His eyes got wide. He dropped his hand to his side and ran to me. I pulled him into  a hug and went into a huge kissing spree. I kissed him everywhere. I kissed his neck his lips his cheek and his hand. I started sobbing. I wasn’t the one that was getting abused and I was crying more than him.

“It’s okay Dem’s. It’s been happening for a while.”

Alex said pulling me into him.

“You never told me she did this to you... I filled you with my problems and you have so much more than me. I do stupid things that you don’t even think about and your life is harder then mine...”

 Alex chuckled. I pulled away from him and looked up at him. His nose was still bleeding.

“Why are you laughing?!? This isn’t even funny not even close.”

Alex shook his head. He ran his fingers through his hair.

“It’s started a little after your brother died... My mom was close with your brother and he was helping her with drinking.. You know that.”

I nodded.

“But after that happened the drinking got heavier and she just started hitting me harder and harder every time. You had gone through a great loss and I was still helping you get through that.”

I stuttered as I pulled in a breath.

“Your staying with us from now on.”

Alex shook his head.

“I can’t you see what happened if I leave her for more then 2-3 days. I would if I could but she would hurt other people...”

I nodded.

“She won’t hurt you if I’m with you..”

Alex shook his head.

“She would hurt you if she get’s drunk like she was now.”

I shook my head.

“It’s better me then you.”

Alex pulled me close and put his hands through my hair. He kissed my head.

“I love you...”

He said.

“I love you too...”

I said looking up at him.

“Are we still going to the party?”

Alex asked. I chuckled.

“You would be the one to only think about that.”

Alex nodded.

“Yeah first lets get you cleaned up.”

We walked over to the bathroom of his apt. I grabbed a wash cloth from the drewer and put it under the water. Alex leaned against the door of the bathroom. I turned and wiped under his nose then his fist that was covered in blood from his nose. His mouth was bleeding. I wiped his face off again. Putting the cold cloth against his cheek. Alex looked at me as I did this. I looked up at him. His eyes met mine. I looked away and put my attention back to his cuts on his face.

“Thanks...”

He said. I smiled.

“Anytime.”

I said. Alex chuckled. I was going to be their for Alex no matter what. Mona could hurt me I wouldn’t care...anything to protect him..