The first settlers in the Forest Territory told tales of a herb called the Blazing Star, and mentioned it grew near the thunderpath that's between ThunderClan and ShadowClan, possibly on the thunderpath edge near mothermouth. It seems the knowledge is rare and is to remain only known to medicine cats' because of the risk of a wicked cat finding what may be the last of it and destroying it.

(Note: The lake territory where the current books are set has yet to mention if it has the Blazing Star herb. Refer to 'The Blazing Star' sectioned under Herbs, in the T's for more information.)

COLD/UPPER RESPRITORY INFECTION.

Description: Even less worrying than whitecough, it's the most mild or minor type of coughs (chest infections).

Symptoms: runny nose, sneezing, red eyes with discharge, coughing, hot and cold flashes.

Treatment:

Ingestible herbs

Tansy.

Coltsfoot.

Keep the cat warm and out of cold weather. If their throat hurts, offer honey.

DIABETES.

(Confirmed cause of Leopardstar's death.)

Description: not recorded, for lack of better words.

Symptoms: increased thirst, lethargy and urination. Sometimes, the cat has an increase in appetite, but a sudden decrease in weight.

Treatment: Since it can't be cured and medicine cats usually don't know what it is, the cat can go into a diabetic coma from a lack of sugar and die.

Offer comfort and share tongues with them, as well as request others to say their goodbyes, whether the cat is in a coma or not.

GREENCOUGH.

Description: A disease that results in the progression of white-cough getting worse. It is very contagious. For every day that it is active in the clan, there is a 25% chance that another cat can become ill.

Symptoms: Fluid in lungs, difficulty breathing, coughing, fever, rheumy eyes.

Treatment:

Ingestible herbs.

Catmint

Coltsfoot.

Juniper berries.

Feverfew.

Hawkweed.

Tansy.

Move to the medicine den as fast as possible.

Rest, water, constant monitoring, offer dirtplace aid, watch for signs of extreme weakness, for some, you may have to force feed.

7-28 days.

KITCOUGH.

Description: An uncommon illness affecting weak kits. Usually happens to kits that had a difficult birth or did not start breathing right away. If the kit recovers, will most likely live with weakened lungs and can be susceptible to other lung infections.

Symptoms: Coughing, runny nose, complaints of itchy lungs, possible wheezing and fever, even weaker state, lethargic movements.

Treatment:

Ingestible herbs

Administer in small doses as needed.

Coltsfoot

Tansy

Small amounts of honey can be given

Keep kit separated from others. 3-15 days for results or recovery.

REDCOUGH.

(Much like blackcough, this was possibly a typo or even meant to be blackcough. In quite a few of the guides it has been theorized to be pneumonia, which is what I suggest you go for if trying to have redcough.)

Description: Redcough is a highly severe chest infection and is worse than greencough. The final stage is often referred to as blackcough (refer above) and in all honesty is deadly, regardless of stage.

Symptoms: Pains, chest aches, trouble breathing, coughing up blood, weakening body from lack of oxygen in blood, etc.

Treatment: Skyclan's original territory inhabited a certain type of sap/herb that was able to help heal the earlier stages of redcough, but with its destruction (both the territory and the clan) the sap/herb is lost as well as the core knowledge.

Try to help cats get comfortable, ease their pain, and be stable while they pass on. If requested and approved by the leader, you may administer deadly nightshade or deathberries.

WHITECOUGH.

Description: A minor cough can be treated easily.

Symptoms: cough, runny eyes and nose, sore throat, slightly lethargic, possibly low fever.

Treatment:

Ingestible herbs

Tansy.

Coltsfoot.

Feverfew (if needed).

(Begin treatment as soon as possible for best results.)

Honey can be given, to keep cats separated, keep the cat warm and dry, and watch carefully for signs of greencough. No warrior duties until better.

6-18 days.

YELLOWCOUGH.

Description:

Symptoms: Fever, cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing, lack of appetite, and in some cases delirium; though to be caused by how high the fever and how immense the pain can get.

Treatment: Only one known cure.

Ingestible herbs, act fast cats weaken quickly

Administer lungwort as needed.

Keep water nearby.

Keep cats separated.

Watch closely!

6-19 days, if treated fast enough, if not, 19+ days (cat will die within a month).

BELLY SICKNESS.

Description: Varies. Typically leaves the cat drained, in pain, and exhausted. Belly sickness can worsen as easily as it can ease up, so be very mindful about that. If there's a 'break' in the sickness, don't just let the cat go.

Symptoms: Bellyache, glassy eyes, fever, nausea, vomiting, tiredness.

Treatment:

Ingestible herbs

Watermint, juniper berries, willow leaves.

Watermint, juniper berries, mallow leaves.

Watermint.

Move the cat to the med den, and feed herbs until better.

7-24 days recovery time.

(Note: highly contagious, be mindful to have only a medicine cat and a medicine apprentice come in contact.)