Chapter 57-58: Citadel of Dove

Start from the beginning

"Ara, aren't you stupidly romantic for a Hollow?" Sung-Sun finally opened her mouth, eyes twinkling with mischief. "You are almost on Apacci's level of hopelessness."

Mila Rose quickly hid her laughter behind her hand. "Sung-Sun speaking truth for the first time in her life."

Apacci growled, "I'm not romantic!"

Growing increasingly vexed with their banter, Evanya spread her arms wide, her head tilting upwards towards the cavernous ceiling. Suddenly, a pair of wings, as pristine as newly fallen snow, broke through her back.

The sudden manifestation of wings sent Mila Rose's senses into a frenzy. "What is this?"

"Her ability most likely," Cirucci cautioned, her voice barely a whisper. "I have never seen her ability or heard anything about it. Stay on your toes."

Harribel handed the egg to Mila Rose, her gaze steeled on Evanya. "Take the egg and return to Kazuya with everyone. I'll deal with her."

Beneath her calm exterior, Harribel was a whirlwind of concern. She could feel the fierce battle unfolding above. The urgency to join Kazuya was overwhelming, yet she understood the value Cirucci might offer with her knowledge of Baraggan.

The very notion of Kazuya in danger was driving her crazy.

Mila Rose wanted to kill Evanya on her own but the scary look in Harribel's eyes made her flinch. "Yes, Harribel-sama."

"Wait, we're leaving Harribel?" Apacci interjected. "Shouldn't we all fight toge—"

Mila Rose covered Apacci's mouth. "Just come—wait, I sense someone else."

Cirucci felt a familiar Reiatsu nearby. Narrowing her eyes, she saw an orange-haired man smirking from the distance. "Gantenbainne."

"He looks like an Arrancar," said Sung-Sun. "Another Espada?"

"Yes."

Apacci bit Mila Rose's hand, freeing her mouth. "He doesn't look that strong. I can take him on myself... we need to hurry, though. Let's trash him together."

"Don't forget about me!" Evanya suddenly swung her right wing, and four glowing feathers shot out in Apacci's direction.

Harribel intercepted the projectiles with her sword arm, only to feel them impale her skin. The feather ignored her Reiatsu and directly penetrated her sword arm. As she tried to remove the feathers, it vanished, leaving bloody holes in her arm.

Harribel focused her Reiryoku to heal the wounds. The process was painstakingly slow as remnants of Evanya's Reiatsu clung to her wounds. "I have to finish it fast."

"Tier Harribel, cease your interference!" Evanya's voice thundered, already predicting Harribel's resistance to her ability. "As a fellow Vasto Lorde, you should align with me alongside your Vasto Lorde friend... Join the ranks of Espada and Lord Baraggan will let your transgressions slide."

Harribel narrowed her eyes at the tempting peaceful proposal. "Baraggan has too much pride to do that."

"Lord Baraggan said it himself. We have to preserve every one of Vasto Lorde so the Shinigami will never think about invading our Kingdom," Evanya paused and pointed at the Hollows rushing at Gantenbainne. "The Vasto Lorde will live, but they need to die."

"I refuse."

"So that's your final stance," Evanya whispered, her head tilting in an act of defiance. With an air of regality, she began to ascend, her figure floating eerily above the barren ground. Her wings unfurled gloriously. "Rise to your queen... Trampa (Citadel of Dove)."