Noah was swaddled in a blanket as I walked the halls of the nursey ward rocking him back and forth, he had soothed himself to sleep. I had no idea what I was doing. What was going to happen when he woke up screaming and he needed his mum?

What if all that bleeding was coming from her? What if the stress of everything had become to much for her body to handle.

It felt like a lifetime as I stood there holding my son until I saw Isabelle's mum rushing into the hallway and crying out my name.

"I don't know what's happening." I managed to get out. "She just collapsed, and they took her away."

"Let's go sit down, and I'll find a doctor to talk to." She walked quickly to the nurse's desk and I saw her covering her mouth and let out a cry. Making her way back, she placed a hand on the middle of my back and ushered me back into the room where Isabelles bags were.

There was a crib by a bed and two chairs. Liz sat down on one and I stood, swaying back and forth. "What did they say?" I asked.

Wiping her eyes with a tissue, she let out a sigh. "She is coming back to the room shortly. They're just cleaning the placenta out from inside her. It had ruptured and caused a heavy bleed which can be fatal."

Jesus. "So she's ok?" I said. I needed her to be ok.

"They aren't sure, but they may have had to do a hysterectomy." She began to cry.

Making my way around the other side of the bed, I sat down a beside her and reached out pulling her in. "As long as she is ok, that's all that matters."

"She must have been so scared."

"I think she's stronger than we both think she is. She knew she was going to pass out, she told me to grab him."

Her eyes went to Noah, and she gasped. "Oh my gosh, with all that is going on, I didn't even ask about the baby."

I smiled. "He's good, well I think he is. Has a great set of lungs on him. Want a hold?"

We took in turns holding him, walking around the room as he cried and slept. Talking to each other about anything but what had happened here tonight with Belle.

They had brought Belle in not too long ago, and she was still sleeping. The doctor told us all went well, and they had cleaned out the placenta and her uterus is still there. Which was a damn relief. Liz had left, she went back to the house to get a change of clothing for me and some food to eat. I think she needed to keep herself busy.

I called my parents and told them what had happened. Still quite angry at mum for bringing Jenna to our house like she did, I told her I'd let them know when Belle was up for visitors. She hadn't even had much time with Noah and the last thing I knew she would want was to see my mother.

"Ash?" I heard a faint voice.

My eyes darted up, and Belle was awake. "I'm here."

"The baby?" her voice cracked, I noticed the tears down her cheek. "Is he ok?"

"He's good, he's right here." I moved up closer to her side, bringing in closer to my chest so she could see. "He's been waiting for his mummy."

"But he's ok?" she asked again, her hand reaching up to stroke his cheek as he slept.

"He's got a loud cry. He's more than fine, doctors have checked him out and he's good."

I helped her sit up, and handed Noah to her. The smile took away the tears as she leant down and kissed his forehead. "The first time you wanted into the hair salon, I thought I love you at first sight.." she began. "But seeing our baby, that we made together.. I have never felt a love like this before."

She was made for this.

I laid on the bed beside her as she breastfed Noah, the nurse had come in and helped her learn to latch and I took that time to go take a quick shower and change into fresh clothing. Her mum had been helping and by her side. She asked about my parents, and I told her they were going to visit in the morning. She was staying here for a couple more days at least.

"He's asleep again." She whispered, laying him down in his crib and smiling. "I can't believe that I did all the hard work, just for him to come out looking like you."

I laughed softly, grinning. "Yeah he's pretty good looking isn't he."

With an eye roll, she shook her head slowly stepping closer to me. "You are very good looking. I need to take a shower, will you stay here still?" she looked hopeful.

"I'm not going anywhere, do you need any help?" I asked. I wasn't sure how much pain she was feeling, or if she was ok to do things on her own.

"I think I'm ok. I'm just a bit slow." She glanced back at the crib. "I was so scared. I thought I'd never see you both again."

I cupped her chin and turned her face back to mine. "Hey, don't talk that way. You weren't going anywhere. We've got a lot more babies to make."

"More? You still want more after what happened?" she looked horrified. "Aren't you traumatised; you were the one to watch it happen."

"A little, but I can't live in fear over a what if. Yeah, it was fucking scary, but I don't want you to be afraid to live." I said and pulled her closer. "I love you, with or without more kids. Go shower, I'll keep an eye on Noah."

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried, but I didn't want the fear to stop her from having everything she wanted. I had done just that, and it almost stopped me from having all of this with Belle.

A little cry filled the room, and my dad duties had just begun.