I don't doubt Julia. She is a nice girl. Like others, I don't see her disability as a hindrance. She's talented. When she was young, I admit life was miserable for her, and she had seen the worst side of society but now she's a famous ballerina; a very famous artist in the US.

She's beautiful and kind, and way too shy.

Loving her doesn't seem hard. Any guy would fall in love with her at first sight but I doubt if my brother would.

Why?

Because I know he has someone else in his heart.

What a pity, right?

Even now he has gone out to pick her up in the middle by a dumb excuse. He is going to the studio and her college lies on the way. Also, she knows him so she won't even say no to the ride. After all, he's her brother's soon-to-be wife's brother.

Oh yes, the girl I'm talking about is Akhsah Dawood, Barak Dawood's younger sister.

I don't call it a coincidence. It doesn't seem like one because what I am going to add soon will make this love story a bit more complicated.

My brother likes Akhsah and it's clear in his eyes, gestures, and even talks. The entire house seems to know about it. My brother really can't hide things. He's an open book but still Akhsah treats him like a friend and he's highly respected in her eyes.

That girl is shy and trembles before my brother because he is older, not much, just a few years. Eliab, my brother, oozes dominance and stands intimidating. Girls swoon over my brother while Akhsah hides from him.

In my engagement, I saw her bouncing here and there like a scared bunny and hiding behind curtains to escape his gaze. I wonder what's going on between or among them.

But I didn't like that. She can be friendly around that stupid Rufus but not my brother. What does my brother lack, huh? He's a gentleman, speaks calmly, and respects girls.

However, I also admit that he can be scary.

Okay, leave that scary part, and if seen without it, he's a perfect guy. Even scary guys can be perfect.

But I can't even blame Akhsah for anything. She is very young and is focused on her studies. A very innocent girl she is, keeping away the idea of dating anyone. For her, Rufus is her brother's friend and she respects him. Laughing over his silly jokes isn't something bad. Even I find him funny. And about Eliab, she also respects him, keeping in mind that he's my brother. Poor Akhsah is stuck between two men and wants none of them but they together want her.

I'm not sure about Rufus though. He's a playboy.

。ノ⁠♡

"Your friend?"

My eyes drag upon the woman who looks pale, almost lifeless as she looks at me with her kind and warm eyes. I take her in, unable to stop myself from catching the details of her poor health. She looks like she will pass out anytime, but still possesses the strength enough to stand on her feet.

I look at her outfit and see that her cardigan has worn out. Dull in color, it covers her body, hanging through her shoulders and I know it's useless on such harsh winter days.

I breathe audibly, dragging away my eyes. I don't want her to be uncomfortable.

"Yes. I told you about her, didn't I?" Julia answers with a huge grin on her face.

"Oh yeah! Mikayla, right?" She chirps, grinning at me, "Thank you so much for being my daughter's friend."

The look in her eyes is overwhelming like her soul is tired of keeping up with the ways of the earth. I feel like she isn't thanking me just for being her daughter's friend but for also providing her with things and sharing anything I had with her.