"How?"

"We eavesdropped on you and Mrs. Weasley talking last night." I answered. Harry's eyebrows raised at my honest explanation.

"Well, that's not the way I'd have chosen for you to find out." Mr. Weasley sighed. "You both must be very scared."

"I'm not." Harry said. I didn't say anything for the opposite reason. I was scared. "I'm not trying to be a hero, but seriously, Sirius Black can't be worse than Voldemort, can he?" Mr. Weasley flinched at the name.

"Harry, I knew you were, well, made of some stronger stuff than Fudge seems to think, and I'm obviously pleased that you're not scared, but-"

"Arthur!" Mrs. Weasley's voice shrieked as she was shepherding the rest of the kids onto the train. "Arthur! What are you doing? It's about to go!"

"They're coming, Molly!" Mr. Weasley yelled back, then turned back to Harry and I and continued to whisper in a hushed voice. "Listen. I need both of you to give me your word-"

"That we'll be good little kiddos and stay in the castle?" I half-joked as I battered my eyelashes. Mr. Weasley let out a sigh.

"Not entirely. Do you both swear to me that you won't go looking for Black?" Mr. Weasley asked in a more serious voice than I had ever heard come out of him.

"What?" Harry blankly asked, staring at Mr. Weasley in confusion.

A loud whistle came from the train.  Guards were walking along the train, slamming all of the doors shut.

"Mr. Weasley, we really shouldn't miss the train again. We know what happened last year." I suggested as I hesitantly watched the train. Harry, Ron and I had missed the train, and despite my intense amount of protest and pleading to just wait for Mr and Mrs. Weasley, they coerced me into taking Mr. Weasley's flying car. I don't recommend EVER getting into a flying car that's driven by a twelve year old.

"Wise. You two need to promise me that whatever happens-"

"Why would I go looking for someone I know wants to kill me?" Harry asked. His head was slightly cocked to the side.

"Swear to me that whatever you might hear..."

"Arthur, quickly!" Mrs. Weasley cried.

There was steam billowing from the train as it started to move. I quickly ran to the compartment door and Harry followed as Ron threw it open and stood back to let us on.

"We need to talk to you in private." Harry muttered to Ron and Hermione as the train begin to pick up speed and the Weasley's were no longer in sight.

"Go away, Ginny." Ron said, pushing his sister slightly.

The four of us set off down the corridor, searching for an empty compartment, but all were full except for the one at the very end of the train. This compartment had only one occupant: a rugged-looking man fast asleep next to the window.

"There's gotta be other options." I whispered from the doorway. The man was wearing an extremely shabby set of wizards robes that had been darned several places. He looked ill and exhausted. Although he seemed quite young, his light brown hair was flecked with gray.

"I think this is it." Harry sighed as he sat down in the compartment.

"Who do you reckon he is?" Ron hissed as he sat in the seat across from the man.

"Professor R.J. Lupin." Both Hermione and I said at the same time. I had very quickly taken notice of his suitcase sitting on the top rack with his name embroidered on the side.

"How do they know that?" Ron scoffed, then turned to Harry. "How is it they know everything?"

"It's on his suitcase, Ronald." Hermione sighed, rolling her eyes. I suppressed a smile.