Loose Lips

Kenora

Waking up to people trying to kill you is serious, getting old. How do they know where the safe houses are, though? I have a feeling there's a mole in the agency. The van ride was quiet, and we were all on edge now. Especially with the added responsibility of making sure Naomi didn't get caught in the cross fire. We stopped in the middle of nowhere. Min whispered so instructions to Colin, and he got out the van. He started meddling with the van, and he later came back with a tracker. "I knew it." Min muttered. She handed Naomi over to me and put the tracker in a zip lock bag along with an electric detonator. She got out of the van and strode in the opposite for a while, left it on the floor, and returned. Colin immediately drove off. Within two minutes, the detonator went off. I held Naomi's head just in case we weren't out of the range yet.

Colin, being the damn skilled agent he is, cleared it. I don't even know why I doubted him.

"Looks like there is a loose tongue in the agency." Her words filled with venomous hatred. There's three thing Min hates: people who don't know how to keep their mouths shut, people who try harming her family and traitors. And trust me, you don't want to be on the receiving end of either of them. Noami adjusting herself in my arms brought me out of my head. She looks so adorable when she sleeps. I kissed her forehead and held her closer. I felt a need to protect her for some reason. Make sure nothing happens to her.

I looked over to see my sister had fallen asleep on Ivan's shoulder. The heat and lack of sleep are finally getting to us. And he rested his on hers. He was probably so stressed with so many things going wrong. I just hope he knows that it isn't his fault. Clearly, not especially after finding out that there's someone from the inside messing with trackers and trying to get us frustrated and unable to focus. That seious messed up.

Trying to get us to distrust one another is like drinking poison and hoping it will kill enemies.

Then there's the him sitting right across from me. Eyes burning with hatred and his breathing trying to steady. Sahar placed on his lap asleep.
Something about that struck a nerve. So I rested my head on Ivan's shoulder. It felt comforting for some reason. Anyways...

There are times I forget how much power he has paired with how little he cares about those who he deems as irrelevant. I know he wasn't going to kill the lady, but that man probably tried messing with Naomi. That's the only real possible reason I can currently think of right now.

"Isn't it rude to stare?" Ironically, he stared into my soul. "What did he do?" I questioned. "Tried to touch Noami." Called it. "So you killed him..." He gave me a stone cold look and replied: "Yes." Well, that's Damian for you. "Well, I couldn't say that I'm surprised." I admitted. "I expect you not to be," He stated. "Is she okay?" He motioned towards Naomi. "Yes. She's just very tired." I smiled at her. He nodded and rested his head backwards, closing his eyes. You can tell he's still trying to calm down. She's okay... He needs to understand that...

I light rocking of the car, the heat and lack of sleep were getting to me. My eyes felt heavy. Before I knew it, I was in a beautiful hall.
Wearing a beautiful dress. A familiar dress... Looking into familiar eyes.
The clock then struck midnight. The building started shaking. Cracks started forming. I started getting worried.
"Kenora..." My sister had a fearful expression on her face. What the hell is going on? My sister held my hand. "Keke, let's find Ma and Pa and get out of here." We ran out of the room, and it was chaos...

A hand on my cheek woke me up. "Come on, Keke. You can sleep inside." My sister explained. I adjusted myself and realised that Naomi was still in my arms. I looked down and saw that she was still asleep, so I let her be. I got up with her and covered her face with the blanket. We walked into the house and called it a night. Everything left like a blur. Sort of like a fever dream. I remember absolutely nothing.

I woke up to the sun hitting my eyes. I got up and looked around. "For a second, I thought that you were dead." Min spoke. "I wish I was..." I groaned. "Stop complaining and get ready. There are a few things I would like to get more information about." She explained. I got up and got ready for the day. I came out of the bathroom fresh and ready for action.

I joined everyone else downstairs. We looked better than we did last night. Breakfast was ready. Min prayed over the food, and we devoured it. Once done, the dishes were washed, and we sat around the table. "There's something off with this mission." I started. "I thought I was the only one seeing how out of control this mission is getting." My sister agreed. Damian got up and came back with noise cancelling headphones for Naomi. "We will complete this mission together. We are one of the best the agency has for a reason. We just need to stay calm and open-minded." Min encouraged. "As much as I want to agree, I can't. They got passed, Ivan. That means there's someone watching. Not just anyone, someone powerful..." Deja spoke.

"How? If that's the case, then it would have to be someone from the agency. No matter how powerful they are, we normally have the upper hand. Sure, we might work for the top one per cent, but we are above them in the context of power. So it has to to a fellow agent." Damian accused. "We can't be too sure..." I was sceptical. The last time we had a mole in the agency was decades ago. "How else would they have the information on what we are really tracking?" He fired back. "He has a point." Ivan spoke. "You need classified authorisation for the information they have on our mission. It would make sense." He finished. "Well, great, what do we do now?" I questioned. "Play along." Min gritted. We all knew exactly what she meant.

"What's the location of Lalix?" Min inquired.
"On its way to Monaco." Ivan replied.
"Good. For now, let's get to training." She smiled sweetly, but behind her eye showed a burning rage. Min was starting to get irritated. The key word here is irrated, not angry... The anger is the most terrifying thing I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of terrifying things in my lifetime. Moving away from that, I was going to get my ass handed to me...

Deja had gotten stronger and quicker than the last time we've trained together. She knocked me down. "Keep up, baby sister." She smirked. I was falling behind. I need to get better. Be better... I jumped up and continued my training with her...

"You've improved. You just need to get out of your head more. Fight present in the moment. That's how you spot obviously strikes." My sister lectured. "I know. Thanks." I said, laying on the mat exhausted. Naomi ran into the room and jumped onto me. As in, I was like her bed after a long day of playing outside. I groaned out of pain. "Baby doll, you can't just prance on me like that." I giggle and set her aside. I got up to go shower. She followed along and looked at me with her cute eyes. "What do you want now, Noami?" I questioned. "I want to go shopping." She shown her pearly whites. Why is she so cute?
"Go tell Damian."
"I want to go shopping with you and the girls. Not him." She sounded disgusted at the last comment. I chuckled at her. "Fine. When we fly to the next country, I promise we'll have a girl's shopping spree." I stuck out my pinky, and she interlocked it with hers. I kissed her hand and patted her head, and she ran away, grinning from ear to ear. You'd swear she was a teen already...

I finished taking a shower and checked in with the others. "We need to get packing for Monaco." Min instructed. "If we get there beforehand, it will give up time to settle in easier." I got back up and went to go pack. My sister followed behind me. "We need to go shopping in Monaco. So we can, you know, fit in." She nudged me. "You just want to spend money." I pointed out. She acted offended. "WHAT? ME? NEVER! HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME OF SUCH!"
"Mhm..." I raised an eyebrow at her.
"Hey, I didn't work my butt off for nothing. I'm going to enjoy my money while I still can." She protested. We got to the room and started packing.
"I'm not fighting you. I'm just saying don't deny it if you know that it's true." She looked like she wanted to fire back but held it in.

Once done, we headed to the airport. The car ride was filled with chatter and laughter. We arrived and quickly made it onto the plane. I put my headphones on listening to some soothing music and read a book. Min sat beside me and slept like it would be the last time she did so. She wouldn't be wrong to think that, but damn. I also felt sleepy, so I closed my book and went to sleep.