Open Wound

Damian

I'm ready for any possible outcome with this. It could go really well, and we just get the girl and leave, or we fight to get the girl. Either way, she needs to come back with us. Kross and I stood ready. I heard a faint sound of Kenora adjusting herself in the back of the van. One of the men went to the back of their van, and the other approached us. "He needs the girl now." Colin. We rolled up our sleeves to reveal the insignia. "أتركني أيها القرف الصغير!" (Let go of me, you little shit!) She yelled as another guy dragged her towards us by her arm. "Shut your filth Egyptian mouth." The man replied and stuffed her mouth with a cloth. "Where is our payment?" The one questioned. Ivan did not mention anything about payment. "What? There was no talk of any sort of payment."  Ivan stated lightly over comms. "You will receive it once the girl is handed over." I improvised. "No. Payment first, then we hand over the girl." The man refused. "That wasn't the deal." Colin explained. "You want to see deal. I'll show you a deal." The other pulled a gun and pointed it at the girl's head. I clinched my jaw as she tried to break free from his grasp with tears streaming down her face. She looked at me with desperation in her eyes. Anger coursed through my veins.

Colin then grabbed the man's face and slammed it against the floor while I kicked the gun out of the other guy's hand and kicked his temple. I tried to take the girl, but a black butterfly knife was thrown between us. She tried to run away but was stopped and taken away by another tall figure. Colin attempted to chase after her. However, nine men jumped out the back of the van. "Fucking hell!" Colin expressed. The one got into the driver's side and the rest approached us. Adrenaline started to kick in. I right hooked the one's jaw, wrapped my arm around his neck, and body slammed him. I took the bufferfly knife and stabbed the next guy. Colin took care of two more men. 

Three bangs silenced the commotion. Three men shared a bullet, and the other two had the privilege of having their own. The van then sped off. We hopped into our van, and Min followed the other van in hopes of getting the girl. Ivan was on his laptop typing fiercely. "I need you in front, Kenora. I want you to shoot a tracker on that damn van." Min instructed. Kenora swiftly got into the passenger seat. Then, bullet shot through the windscreen. "Shit." Kenora cursed. "We need to spin the top." Min explained. Kenora loaded her gun with tracking bullets, tied the seatbelt around her arm, and sat ready. "On my mark... One... Two... Three!" Min counted and drifted the van. Kenora opened her door and shot two shots. Min pulled her back in with her free arm and sped away from the shots being fired. Kenora sat back into her seat and sighed.

"What happened back there, Ivan?! Why didn't you tell us they needed some sort of payment?" Colin questioned, irritated. "Because they didn't mention anything about payment." He defended himself. "Did you check it thoroughly?" "Yes. I even checked for the tenth fucking time now! Nowhere did it mention anything about payment. I would never jeopardise this mission." Ivan replied, determined and slightly offened. "I believe him." I stated. "You've got to be fucking kidding me right now. We almost died out there. If it wasn't for Kenora..." "Think about it. They gave us one of the best tech geniuses in the agency for an important mission just for him to deliberately mess up. It doesn't make sense. Something might have been discussed in person." I explained. "So that it isn't traceable. You're right. I'm sorry, I just got upset because we didn't get the girl." Colin apologised. "We're cool, man," Ivan patted his back. "Thanks." Ivan looked at me. I nodded my head at him.

"Whatever happened happened. There's no going back. We just need to focus on getting her back next time." Kenora spoke. We stopped in front of our safe house. "Let's unload everything and get inside. I'll cook tonight." Min instructed. "You don't have to tell me twice. I just want to take a nice hot shower, eat and sleep." Kenora and Min jumped out. We were left to take care of the heavy lifting. Great. As soon as everything was unloaded, we entered the house. Min was in the shower while Kenora was wiping down the gear. "Need help?" Colin asked. "Yes," She agreed. "Can you please put the gear I've wiped down in their cases and stack the cases on top of each other?" "No problem." Colin did just as he was asked. I looked over, and Ivan was working to see the details of the girls' next drop off.