She's The New Main Character

Kenora

The night was spent with my sister and I staring at each other. After I requested she join us on the mission, things have been a bit strained between us. I'm surprised she even helped us in the first place, and with no questions asked, too. "Are you mentally okay to have this conversation?" She asked. I was ready. I know she had a good reason. Now was the time to clear the air between us. "Yes, I am." I replied. "You can get things off your chest first." She stated. I took a deep breath and started.

"When I thought I lost you, everything came crashing down. I was beyond shattered. I felt sick to my stomach. The last strong King just died. I was alone... Everything Mama and Papa wanted for us fell onto me." I started. She looked at me with empathy. "Kenora, you are stronger than you think you are. You would've been fine without me. It might have been hard at first, but you would learn to live with the pain. And our parents didn't raise weaklings. I didn't raise a weakling. What our parents wanted for us was success and peace, nothing more. But I'm not saying your feelings aren't valid." She answered. "Losing someone close to you isn't easy. especially if they are the last people who remembered who you truly were." I spoke. "I know that just as much as you. Plus, Damian knew you." She shot back. "He didn't know me before I became his mission partner, and fiancé. He knew the Kenora, who had to build up walls to protect herself from getting hurt." I replied. "That's unfair to him." She pointed out. "I know. I hate myself for not being able to give him all of me. I felt like her deserved a perfect girl, and I wasn't that. So I tried to fake it, but he saw right through me. He then told me I could be me in front of him. Then you 'died', and that was the first time I cried in front of him. The first time I let my walls come down and have him hold me in such a vulnerable state." I explained. "Looks like my fake death brought something good." She answered.

"Yeah, no. That didn't last long. Some psycho threatened to kill him, and Naomi. Min and I took care of it, and I called off the engagement to protect them. Clearly, it's done more harm than good." I sighed. "He's probably doing the same math as you. He just needs time to feel what he's feeling. Now that he has his little sister, he has more room to feel his emotions. I understand his thinking. Everything in the world can wait when it comes to your younger siblings. Now that he has her, he'll be better." She explained.

"What about us?" A tear streamed down face cheek. She came close and wiped it away. I love my sister and don't want to lose her. "I will always love you, Kenora. I never stopped loving you. I understood the shook you went through. I understood that you needed space, time to heal, and time to think. You don't see the living 'dead' every day." She joked. And I laughed at her bad joke. "I understand that you did what you had to for our work. I'm actually quite happy and relieved that you're not dead... I missed you." I jumped onto her. We feel back onto her bed. "I missed you too, baby sister." She squeezed me. Her touch brought nostalgia. Our fights and arguments. Our laughs and hugs. Our relationship. Deja Vu... "I love you too, Vu." I whispered. She let out a soft giggle, then a deep sigh. "So we're back to us?" She asked. "Of course we are. If not us, then who?" I replied. She shone a small smile. There was silence for a moment.

"You need to talk to Min." I told her. "I know. But I know she's not going to forgive me, though..." She trailed off. "You two were inseparable. You two are sisters. She's our sister not -" "By blood but by bond. I know." I smiled. That was something she always said about her. "Like you said with Damian, she's probably doing the same math as you. She understands that it was for a mission. She just needs time." I reassured her. She looked hesitant but soon gave in. "Fine. I'll do it tomorrow. For now, let's try to get some sleep." She pushed me off her bed. I walked to my bed and went to sleep with my chest feeling lighter.

I woke up to a small hand on my face. I opened my eyes to see Naomi. She preferred to be called Kiyoko. "Ohayō." (Good morning). She whispered. I smiled and sat up. She climbed into my lap. "Ohayō." I replied in a similar tone. "Why are we whispering?" I questioned. She kept glancing at the door, a d fidgeting with her hands. "I'm not supposed to be here, but I want to see you." She hugged me, then got off my lap and ran out of the room. I know what she meant. I know for a fact that Damian didn't say anything to her, but she can feel the tension and is doing everything in her power to not upset him. She was wise beyond her years. However, it's not her responsibility to do so. It hurts me to see how much it is actually affecting her.