Chapter VI

Johnny's POV

Johnny had just finished packing up and was about to lock the classroom door when he saw Larusso approaching him. What the hell does he want? Johnny doesn't have to wonder about it for too long because Daniel is already next to him. "Uhh, Principal Andrews needs you" Daniel told Johnny.

"Uhh, thanks I guess" responded Johnny. ..... It's really awkward, they both don't know what to say to each other "Well, yeah, ok I'm going to go" murmured Daniel. But before Daniel could leave, Johnny yelled after him. "Larusso, wait" Why would he do that!? "Yeah?" Daniel asked.

Now, he has to say something or else Daniel would think that he's weird and he's definitely not the weird one here. "Look, I'm sorry for threatening you and whatnot. I guess I was just jealous and shitty so maybe we can start afresh? I totally understand if you don't want to. I was a total asshole." apologised Johnny. Daniel's eyes were wide and he looked like he was going to say something but then he shut his mouth.

Johnny, being the (sorta) nice person, gives him space. "You don't have to say anything now I just wanted to apologise" Johnny says and speed walks to Principal Andrews' office.

"Hi Jessica" Johnny says as he sits down "Johnny what have I told you about calling me by my first name when we're at work? Please address me as Principal Andrews" responds Principal Andrews" "Ok, ok hello Principal Andrews" Johnny chuckled "Good afternoon Mr. Lawrence, I just wanted to tell you that on Monday we are expecting a new teacher" declared the principal "A new teacher!? Didn't Daniel just start his job on Monday?" Johnny asked "Yeah, well we need more teachers" Andrews decided.

Johnny scoffs, do they really need more teachers? "Her name is Ms Steiner" and I'll need you to introduce her to your fellow colleagues and show her the way around the school." Principal Andrews reported "Why me? There are so many other people who would like to do it" Johnny objected "Well, I asked you not anyone else" Principal Andrews concluded "Fine, okay" Johnny huffed "I knew I could count on you" Principal Andrews beamed.

--Johnny packs up and hops in his car. He drives to the hospital--

Johnny walks into the hospital and goes up to the front desk "Hello, how can I help you today?" The receptionist asked "Hi, can I see Laura Lawrence" Johnny replied "What is your relation to the patient?" the receptionist inquired "I'm her son" Johnny clarified "Ok follow me" the receptionist informed Johnny.

Johnny followed the receptionist into a small room. In the room there was a hospital bed. On the bed lay his mother wearing an oxygen mask. She was pale and hooked to an IV secondary line. She was sleeping.

"Hi Mom" Johnny whispered "I hope you're feeling better" Johnny sniffled "I promise that I'll get enough money to pay for your chemotherapy" Johnny sobbed. His mom was diagnosed with breast cancer a couple of months ago and as soon as his stepfather heard. He ran off with a younger woman, said that he doesn't want "a wife that's going to die in a few months" and refused to pay for her chemotherapy.

So for the past few months Johnny has been working his ass off so he could afford his mother's chemotherapy. He's a teacher during the day and works at a bar in the evenings. He barely gets enough sleep, but in the end it will all be worth it for his mom.

--Johnny sits at his mother's hospital bed holding her hand and sobbing. He sorts himself out before saying goodbye to her and leaving the room--

As Johnny was driving home from the hospital, he passed a cemetery and saw someone who looked exactly like Daniel Larusso walking in...