He... is really not proficient in arithmetic.

  Zhou Ziyan raised his eyebrows, "Arithmetic?"

  He took the paper from Song Weifeng's hand.

  The records on the paper are written in a loose style and are accompanied by ink spots.

  At a glance, you can tell that the person keeping the accounts has no intentions at all.

  There were regulations in the Daqing Dynasty that stipulated that in order to ensure smooth business, all merchants opening shops and workmanship should be recorded with the government.

  Once in March, every household will check their accounts and pay taxes when it expires.

  If there is a suspicion of forced buying and selling, the Civil Tax Division responsible for taxation will visit and investigate with the account books.

  However, in cases such as credit accounts and long-term cooperation, the calculation will be extended to half a year.

  For self-employed carpenters like my uncle, the so-called tax payment is calculated according to how the government records it.

  The current credit accounts are different from the accounts of the Civil Taxation Department. The uncle is afraid of overpaying and also afraid of underpaying.

  We can only find someone else to figure it out.

  "Uncle, don't worry, come on, tell me about the first time you worked for that family," Zhou said, dipping his brush and using a brand new piece of paper to re-register the information according to his own method.

  With the help of my uncle, I might be able to find out and fill in the gaps.

  Carpenters work, and each piece of material and skill has its own separate price.

  Although the uncle cannot read, he clearly remembers the work he did.

  After a while, Zhou Ziyan and I reconciled the accounts on the paper.

  Zhou Ziyan uses a modern form format to clearly write down the time, consumables and price of each work.

  Finally, add up the amount of money required for this time's work.

  It was just as he expected.

  That family's previous and later accounts didn't match up. They were obviously bullying the uncle and deliberately made two omissions!

  When the people around saw this scene, they didn't even believe it.

  People gathered around them, fearing they would miss something.

  There is no calculation, no swinging of sticks, and no abacus.

  But every time the uncle said it, the numbers written by the young man began to fall.

  "How can this young man calculate so quickly?!"

  "The old boy in our village spends several days every time he helps the village settle accounts. This, this, this, this... how is it possible?"

  "Don't you just write blindly...Does anyone here know arithmetic?"

  Song Weifeng also stopped writing and watched Zhou Ziyan helping his uncle settle accounts.

  Incredible, really incredible!

  Just adding numbers is not difficult in principle.

  It's just that when they do an arithmetic problem like this in the academy, they need to use not only an abacus, but also pen and paper to record it.