"If something really happens, there's nothing we can do. Even if we're unlucky, as long as we find a way to escape, it'll be fine," Gu Wujì took a relaxed view of the matter.

"You're right. With Master Gu here, I feel reassured," Xia Yangshuo resolved to make good use of the talismans Gu Wujì had given him before.

Between their conversation, the two had already arrived at the Xia family ancestral mansion.

Perched halfway up the mountain, this mansion could be described as luxurious. Even at night, it shimmered with splendor, surrounded by parked luxury cars, and servants were receiving guests.

As soon as Xia Yangshuo got out of the car, a servant approached and led them into the banquet hall.

If one didn't know the situation, they wouldn't be able to tell the purpose of this banquet at all; after all, it seemed too normal. There were even various celebrities and some stars invited to liven up the atmosphere.

Gu Wujì felt even more fortunate that he had come in disguise; otherwise, the atmosphere would have been too delicate.

Upon entering the hall, Xia Yangshuo immediately attracted a lot of attention. While people greeted him, they also began to wonder who the woman beside him, who had a decent demeanor but an ordinary appearance, was.

Could it be that Xia Yangshuo actually had such tastes? After all, even if he had any scandals in the past, he had never publicly acknowledged them, let alone bringing a female companion to a banquet, which was even rarer.

The gossip in everyone's hearts was stirred up for a moment.

Xia Yangshuo immediately wanted to explain, joking that he was not qualified to be in a relationship with Master Gu. If Master Gu were displeased because of this, it wouldn't be good.

But at that moment, several cousins from the Xia family who had not been on good terms with him in the past approached.

The onlookers around immediately entered a state of indifference, as they all knew that whenever these few people met, they would end up arguing. It was rare for them to coexist peacefully. These were all matters concerning the young masters of the Xia family, and if they interfered, they would surely not end well.

Then, the crowd noticed that the gazes of these cousins fell on Gu Wujì, and they couldn't help but feel anxious for this woman. Could she handle these arrogant young masters from the Xia family?

The atmosphere seemed to tense up for a moment. Then, as the cousins' eyes fell on Gu Wujì, they suddenly became very friendly—no, others even felt they saw a hint of flattery in their eyes!

The bystanders were shocked. Who was this unremarkable-looking woman? Not only could she accompany Xia Yangshuo, but even the other young masters of the Xia family treated her with such respect. Could she be the daughter of some powerful family from elsewhere?

...

Contrary to what others imagined, the content of the conversation between these Xia family members and Gu Wujì was completely different...

"Master Gu, you've finally come. After the incident last time, I've been wanting to thank you formally. But Xia Yangshuo has been concealing your whereabouts. I wonder if this is your instruction."

"I've been so restless without being able to express my gratitude. Please let me give you some money!"

While conversing, these individuals also didn't forget to provoke the relationship between Gu Wujì and Xia Yangshuo. If they could make Master Gu switch sides, it would be even better, although such a thing was clearly impossible... They were simply envious of where Xia Yangshuo managed to find such a formidable master.