"Now, that's the problem. Your father is turning into a devil in this Romeo and Juliet story," Samaira remarked, her tone tinged with sarcasm.

"Y-you're joking?" I asked, desperately clinging to a glimmer of hope.

"Me and joke? Nah! Is anyone around you?" Her voice held a sense of urgency.

"N-no..." I replied, my heart pounding in my chest as I looked around through the small window.

"Good, then listen to me and don't refuse," she continued, her words rushing out in a torrent of determination.

"W-what...?" I asked, my breath catching in my throat.

"Run away! Just run away! You will get thousands of lives to live as a obedient girl but when once you are getting a chance , try being a bitch. It's fun. These people will not let you breathe, Vaidehi. This is the only way. Live your life. Ja, Vaidehi ji, le apni zindagi,

"B-but, Ma, Bapu..." I protested weakly, the weight of my family's expectations bearing down on me.

"Nothing, dear. Did your Ma and Bapu ever really care for you? Then why the hell are you still sacrificing yourself for them? If they say 'fuck off,' then you should be replying 'fuck you,' not 'yes, sure,'" Her words cut through my doubts like a knife, leaving me stunned by the force of her conviction.

I realised, I was a part of this family but was this family ever a part of me?

"What if?" I murmured, the weight of uncertainty heavy on my shoulders.

"Oh god! Girl, this life is too short for 'what ifs.' Let me just shove some bullets into their heads to kick-start their brains,"  her frustration was evident in her tone.

"You wouldn't actually do something like that," I protested, knowing her fiery temperament.

"Only if you do what I say," she countered, her voice softening with determination.

"Okay," I whispered, feeling a mixture of fear and new source of energy coursing through me.

"Good! Now wipe off your tears. Get up, pack your things, and get out at midnight. If only I had known about this earlier, I wouldn't have taken my flight."She took a halt but I could hear her shouting at someone"  È così che lavori? Bastardi" 

(Is this how you work? Bastards!)

"You are in Italy?" I asked, my heart pounding in my chest.

"Hmm... but don't be scared. Just get out from there, I will manage to get in contact with Shlok." she reassured me, her words offering a glimmer of hope amidst the chaos of my emotions.

As I ended the call, I hugged my phone tightly to my chest, the tears stains still visible on my cheeks. Silently, I packed a few of my belongings, my chest heavy with fear. The thought of being caught by Bapu filled me with dread, knowing it could mean the worst possible outcome.

I waited for what felt like an eternity, the hours ticking by slowly until it was finally midnight. The world outside was shrouded in silence, adding to the intensity of the moment.

Ja, Vaidehi ,  jee le apni zindagi.

With a deep breath, I jumped out of the window, landing softly on the ground below. I made my way to the temple where Shlok was waiting for me, his presence a comforting anchor in the darkness.

"Shlok..." I choked out his name as I ran into his arms, the weight of the moment finally crashing down on me. I ran my hands at his face, to check for any injuries.

"It's not time for this, Vaidehi," he murmured softly, his hands soothingly caressing my back.

As we stood beneath the tranquil glow of the moon, enveloped by the stillness of the night, a sense of peace washed over us. With a gentle touch, Shlok lifted my chin, his eyes locking with mine in a silent exchange of understanding and affection.