Chapter VI

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  𓆩⟡𓆪  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

*+:。.。 🤍 。.。:+*

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

"Because I know a way to stop Hongjoong,"

"What do you mean you have a way?" San asked suspiciously.

Would Seonghwa really betray his boyfriend? He didn't seem to be so adverse to him a moment ago, even helping him torture San.

"I didn't know if he would seriously go through with his plan so just in case... I built in a shutdown mode,"

"And Hongjoong doesn't know about it?" Wooyoung asked, eyeing Seonghwa just as suspiciously.

"No he doesn't,"

San thought about it, if they could really manage to turn on the shutdown mode in time, this all could be stopped. That is, if Seonghwa told the truth.

"Well, if you really want to help us, lead the way," San requested, signaling to the door. Even though Seonghwa's face showed hesitation, he still picked up his feet and led them out the door, Wooyoung and San following suit, not once taking their eyes off him.

On the way San bumped the younger's arm, "Woo, tell the other's we have Syndrome's partner and to meet us the rocket,"

"We're not going to the rocket. Everything's run in the control room," Seonghwa interjected.

"And where's that?"

"Probably where Hongjoong's at right now," Seonghwa muttered.

"Fucking hell,"

"Wait, that might be a good thing! We can stop him and cancel the rocket's take-off at the same time," Wooyoung's ever optimistic voice sounded.

San was still not convinced by his plan to walk into the lion's den again, still traumatized from what Syndrome did to him and Wooyoung the other two times.

Wooyoung, sensing his hesitation, tried to convince him, "Trust me, we can do this together. Even Seonghwa's gonna help! And we still have Edna's little toy.." he tried to be concise about their little gadget, obviously not entrusting Seonghwa that information.

Eventually San sighed, it had to be done one way or another. There was no avoiding it, even if his fears were valid. At least he wasn't alone this time, none of them were. The only person standing on his own now was Hongjoong himself, even his own partner standing up against him.

"Fine, just tell the others to meet us there,"

Once they arrived at the corridor leading to the control room, hidden away from unwelcomed eyes, they were shortly after joined by the rest of their group. Mingi automatically ran up to San to give him one of his classic Mingi hugs, pressing San into his chest wholeheartedly.

"You okay, Sannie boy?" He quietly mumbled in his ear, his real name inaudible for Seonghwa, "We were so worried,"

"I'm fine.." San lazily patted the taller's back, secretly happy about his healing embrace, convinced that Mingi was aware of it at this point, giving him one last squeeze and pulling away.