Cow-Dolphin--II

II

            Cow-dolphin escaped the laboratory, after setting all the other creatures free. He had developed psychic powers in his short life span. It was super helpful. Most of the other mutants had run and left as soon as they’d been freed. Only two stayed with him: the super sloth with metallic claws and the ability to slow things down to his speed; and the moose with laser antlers, titanium hooves, and super speed. They stayed together faithfully with the sloth mounted on top of the moose’s back.

            They had quickly developed a language between them—a series of sounds and movements—so that they could communicate. And the cow-dolphin reign of terror began!

            They roamed the plain, searching far and wide for hoard of people to scare and eat. Cow-dolphin had a particular taste for toddlers and elementary school-age children. The sloth was more interesting in the elderly, while the moose liked those who moved fast.

            One day, they stumbled along a high school track meet. It had everything they wished for! The young, the old, and the quick.

            Cow-dolphin’s tail flapped, signaling the other two to move forward. The sloth hung on to the moose’s shiny antlers and they charged. The cow-dolphin followed shortly, a roar filling the air and breaking through the sound of the cheers. Screams soon followed.

            The moose-sloth gang was out on the track, following at the heels of the runners. Sloth was slashing at them with his extending claws, trying to slow them down. Moose’s titanium hooves pounded the rubber-bit track. Wild screeches of happiness escaped them as they played the game of cat and mouse.

            Cow-dolphin attacked the stands. People fled in every direction, leaving plenty of people for him to catch. His jaws clamped down on flailing arms and the legs of those who tried to get past him. He ripped off limbs and stomped on the head of those in his way.

            Sadly, the screams disoriented him. Every scream, “Run!” “Help!” Call the police!” “No, call SWAT!” made him even more disoriented. He ran wild and crazy, killing and destroying everything in his path.

            Until there were only three left in the stands. One was a teenage boy, trembling and holding a camera to his chest. The look of fear on his face was obvious, yet he still snapped a picture. This angered the cow-dolphin. He roared and charged the kid, but the kid threw himself off the top of the stands. He landed on the pavement with a sickening crack.

            The other two were a mother and her child. The mother was shaking and attempting to shield the kid with her body. Under her breath, she mumbled prayers. “Please, help us, please,” she would say.

            The cow-dolphin approached them. He took the time to sniff the prey this time. The mother squeaked as his hot breath blew down he neck. Drool and blood dripped onto her shoulder. Tears were streaming down her face. “Please, please, please.”

            Cow-dolphin’s tail twitched. He snorted and nibbled on the mother’s arm.

            “Mommy! The cow is kissing you!”

            “No, honey, it’s not.” She gritted her teeth and breathed hard as she felt teeth of the creature pierce her skin. He ripped the flesh away savagely. The woman screamed but did not let go of the child.

            The kid stared at the cow-dolphin, curious and fearful. “Please, don’t hurt my mommy. She’s a nice person.”

            Cow-dolphin snorted hot air again. He was disgusted with the taste of the woman’s flesh. She wasn’t tasty at all. He didn’t attacked the kid though. Instead he turned and walked away.

            Meanwhile, the moose-sloth gang had managed to catch all of the track runners. They were lying in bits, strewn on the track.

            The cow-dolphin and moose-sloth gang were in a full reign of terror, always leaving carnage in their wake.