where's the person that i know? (they must have left)

Start from the beginning

Melissa's heart plummeted as the truth hit her like a ton of bricks. Her gut feeling had been right all along. Tears welled up in the corners of her eyes, threatening to spill over. Her father had orchestrated this entire situation, bringing those villains here, and jeopardizing everything they held dear.

[Name] placed a comforting hand on her shoulder, offering silent support as they both grappled with the weight of the revelation. It confirmed their suspicions, but it raised more questions than answers. What could be so important that David would risk his career, his friendships, and his family? Why would he do it?

Melissa wiped away her tears, a determined look replacing the anguish in her eyes. With a deep breath, she straightened her back, steeling herself for what lay ahead. It was time to confront her father and uncover the truth behind his actions.

"Melissa..?" Midoriya whispered, his voice barely audible as he watched her walk further into the room.

[Name] immediately followed behind her, their expression hardening with resolve.

"Papa..." Melissa announced, her voice tinged with a mixture of disappointment and disbelief, catching the attention of the two men in the room.

"Mel...Melissa..." David stuttered, his gaze filled with a mix of shock and shame as he locked eyes with his daughter. He knew there was no escaping the weight of her gaze, no way to explain away his actions. He could clearly tell she heard everything, there was no way for him to explain it in a way she would understand.

"Miss, what are you doing here?" Sam interjected, attempting to divert attention away from the tense atmosphere.

Melissa took a shaky step forward, her entire world crumbling around her, and [Name] could see the devastation etched across her features. "What do you mean by 'arranged'?" Her voice was eerily calm, a stark contrast to the turmoil raging inside her. She desperately clung to the hope that she had misheard, that her father wasn't involved in the chaos engulfing I-Island. But as the weight of the truth settled in, her throat tightened with unshed tears. "Papa, please tell me you're not behind this."

David remained silent, his guilt evident in the downward cast of his eyes. For Melissa, his silence spoke volumes, confirming her worst fears.

"To obtain that device...?" Her voice wavered with disbelief and hurt, unable to comprehend how her father could prioritize his ambitions over his own daughter's safety...everyone's on the island's safety. "Are your inventions worth more than your own flesh and blood?"

David's gaze faltered under Melissa's piercing stare, his expression a mixture of shame and regret, but also looked like he was punched in the face at her question. "It's... it's complicated, Melissa, please understand."

"Is it true, Papa?" Her voice trembled with disbelief and hurt, her eyes pleading for an explanation. That her dad is still her hero.

"Yes, Melissa," David admitted, his voice heavy with remorse as he witnessed the devastation in his daughter's eyes, realizing the depth of his betrayal.

"Why...?" Her voice cracked with raw emotion, struggling to comprehend the betrayal of someone she had always looked up to.

"We're only trying to reclaim what rightfully belongs to us," Sam interjected, attempting to justify their actions. "The professor's invention is revolutionary-a device that enhances Quirks mechanically..."

The revelation hung in the air, each word sinking in with heavyweight.

"It's still in testing, but with this device, unlike drugs, Quirks can be amplified without affecting the body," Sam explained with a sense of urgency, his words hanging heavily in the tense air of the control room. While he spoke, David remained silent, his gaze fixed on the floor, weighed down by guilt and remorse.