None of them noticed that the atmosphere in the room had grown increasingly sinister, to the point where a faint black mist even began to form in the mirrors.

Shortly after, the door was pushed open, and Ning Yang entered.

In the instant he stepped in, the room instantly returned to its usual appearance, showing no signs of anything amiss.

"Ning Yang, you're back," they greeted.

"Did you gain anything? This gathering of the Xia family shouldn't be simple, especially since even people from the Bai family attended. Their people are all lunatics."

Unaware that they might have narrowly escaped death, they all began to speak.

It was only recently that they found out Ning Yang had actually made contact with the Xia family and even managed to secure an invitation to their gathering, despite having been seen idling around before. He truly lived up to being a valued member of the family; it seemed like he hadn't done anything, but in reality, he had been preparing for everything.

Though the members of the Xia family were just ordinary people, they still had some influence in their circle... all because of the secrets hidden within their ancestral home.

"The Xia family's affairs are in order," Ning Yang said. "But regarding this Gu Wuji matter, how is your investigation going?"

The others fell silent, mainly because they hadn't uncovered anything despite all this time! It was embarrassing to even mention it.

"It's okay," Ning Yang reassured them, "I'll handle him in the next few days."

---

Gu Wuji forwarded all the information the man surnamed Tao had given him to Cheng Jia.

Cheng Jia was absolutely furious. The audacity of anyone trying to dig up dirt on Master Gu was outrageous; they were clearly fearless and disregarded the Cheng family!

He immediately contacted his connections. The Cheng family was already involved in this line of business, and they had quite a bit of dirt on people. Moreover, the boss wasn't a good person either; he had forced many other celebrities before, and now all of it was going to be exposed.

In no time, the situation became a hot topic of discussion.

The boss, seething with anger, slammed his phone down in his office. "Damn it, so what if I took advantage of a few minor celebrities? Is it necessary to blow it up like this...? The Cheng family is embarrassing themselves, making such a fuss over just Gu Wuji. It's making a mountain out of a molehill."

His secretary remained silent, though she couldn't help but feel that the Cheng family's actions weren't entirely justified.

"Have we not contacted Old Tao yet? If he hadn't exposed himself, things wouldn't have escalated like this!" the boss angrily exclaimed. "I'll make sure he can't survive in this circle anymore!"

The secretary cautiously replied, "We still haven't heard from him."

The boss sat back down in fury, only to see a message pop up on his phone. As he read it, his face turned deathly pale.

After all, the boss had forced many minor celebrities before, and one of them had committed suicide in a hotel in a particularly violent manner, causing a huge uproar. The boss had spent a lot of money to cover it up, but now it seemed someone had leaked the incident, even producing hotel surveillance footage as evidence.

"D-Damn it, who could it be? Suppress this news immediately, no matter how much it costs!" The boss looked at his secretary with an ugly expression, but suddenly froze.